Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Infant bike helmets
  • perks

Just bought a kiddy seat for the hardtail…

little man is only 5 months now and beginning to get some strength in his neck. Does anyone have any thoughts on bike helmets – or any sort of safety stuff for the littlies?

thanks!

BearBack
    Free Member

Don’t rush it. I’m guessing miniperks isn’t sitting unsupported yet.

irc

http://www.thudguard.com/

No connection or personal recommendation but worth a look?

TooTall
    Free Member

Too young. You’d about double his head weight with a helmet, so just wait a bit longer.

takisawa2

My two started out with this…

Untitled by pten2106, on Flickr

But as said, your a month’s & month’s away yet.

perks

cheers folks,

not going to rush in to it but wanted to be prepared!

joemarshall
    Free Member

Don’t buy super fancy ones that look like characters or whatever, we have a tiger one and it looks lovely, but was too heavy. Decathlon do nice lightweight ones, which she wears fine.

Bike seat from a year officially. Trailer with baby sling easily from six months and no need for a helmet, if you’ve got the money, ours is the best bit of baby kit we bought (a croozer), I still use it every week at 2 and a half.

sailingneil
    Free Member

As others have said its a wee bit earily, you will probably find junior’s head is too wee to fit in even infant helmets.

twistedpencil

+1 for decathlon. Looked around for ages to get my lads first lid for the bike seat, they seem to be the only place to keep a stock of them too. My daughter is now using it on her balance bike and on the kid seat.

And my lad was 1 before we took him on the bike, hasn’t looked back since.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Good thing with the Decathlon helmets is that they are quite cheap, and come in smaller age ranges than a lot of kid helmets appear to. So you might have to buy two where one would work, but the one to cover both age ranges would start off as a gigantic heavy uncomfortable mushroom and cost twice as much.

boybiskit
    Free Member

+ yet another for kiddy decathlon helmets. Cheap, not too heavy and last well. My boy only just finished with his at 5 when he smashed into a garage door at Christmas.

Anyway…. I’m afraid you’ll need to wait ages yet. I knew a few guys at Bell in the US when the boy was tiny and they INSISTED that I wait until 18 months. For seats, ebay’s the way because loads of people sell after hardly using.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

+1 Specialized, our wee one had hers at 7 months I think

doof_doof
    Free Member

Cratoni Rapper from CRC here, one of the smallest and lightest (220g), and about 20 pounds on sale. Be aware that some of the child helmets are very heavy.

gonzy
    Free Member

whatever you DO NOT get a kids helmet from Halfrauds….
    according to Madison they are not an authorised dealer for Giro or Bell helmets so they will not be covered by the crash replacement warranty or the Grow with Giro/Bell schemes…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Infant bike helmets’ is closed to new replies.