Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • In memory of 29erKeith
  • cheshirecat
    Free Member

Done. A good (mountain biking) friend died of leukaemia a couple of years ago. It’s a cause close to my heart. The very best of luck to you.

curto80
    Free Member

Training is going ok. Last week involved a half marathon before breakfast on Thursday and then 16 miles on Sunday with a whole load of turbo trainer and a parkrun in between.

This week is about getting ready for Castle Combe duathlon on Sunday with the Winchester 10km the week after, aiming to beat my PB by a decent margin for that. I’m In Pboro at the in-laws for half term so will be doing some laps of Rutland water over the week on both the bike and running.

Will be looking to organise some longer rides around Hampshire as we get into the spring and will post details on here as would love some company from any of my amazing STW sponsors.

bullheart
    Free Member

You’re a good man.

Keith and I corresponded during his illness, and I went to visit him in the hospital during a long stay. He was remarkable in his determination and committed to putting his family and friends needs’ before his own; I have always viewed this as the mark of an individual, and what truly defines them.

Payday next week; I shall gladly donate then, and would like to support in any other way if you need help.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Longer rides around Hampshire? I could come and say hi but longer ride part is out 😳

curto80
    Free Member

Jamba just come and join for a bit if you like mate.

I had an email from Bloodwise this morning. They’ve picked up on STWs incredible fund raising whip-round and want to feature Keith’s story on their social media platform. So keep an eye out for that next week.

singletrackmind

What sort of pace will be looking for during some training 100’s?
    I have a feeling you will be way too quick for me

Bullheart . How are you ? I mean really , not the rubbish you tell all and sundry. Hope you staying positive and determined to prove them all wrong.

bullheart
    Free Member

Hello Rob,

Honestly? Pretty battered at the moment. Just finished chemo and radio, and now have drug-controlled cardiomyopathy as a result of of sheer amount of treatment I have had.

Still haven’t had a day off work yet though, and two weeks ago knocked out an 72 hour week! Still grafting…

And you?

crispybacon
    Free Member

Truly inspirational Mark, you never cease to amaze me with your sheer determination to not let things get in your way 😯

bullheart
    Free Member

Hello my old mucker! We need to get together soon and chew the fat; although I’m bloody jealous of your constant FB feed cycling shenanigans!

curto80
    Free Member

Just £60 away from the magic £5k barrier now. If anyone can help to push the total over that milestone I’d be hugely grateful. Really feeling the effects of the training load this week so could do with a bit of added motivation!

curto80
    Free Member

clump
    Free Member

Think you might be there now. 😉
    Good luck with the training and the event.
    All the best.
    Richard

curto80
    Free Member

Thanks mate – that’s a brilliant gesture thank you. Keith lived for those days and nights out with you guys. He used to say I could join you one time if only I was a bit fitter and a bit better on a MTB 🙂

aide

Meant to donate a while ago when i first read this, sorry its taken a while, good luck with this

curto80
    Free Member

Hi all

I have 6 Science in Sport Energy Go bars (banana and banana fudge flavours), plus a brand new unused SIS water bottle, to give away as a pack.

If you’ve donated to my JustGiving page and would like them please post below and then email me your address (email in my profile). First come first served. I’ll post at my cost.

Cheers

Nath

stevio

Just donating… not for the SIS stuff but for your support for Keith – sorry no Gift Aid as i’m offshore.. Respect

curto80
    Free Member

Big couple of weeks of training on both bike and running, ending with fleet half marathon this morning. The legs gave up after just 4km and after that it was all about mental strength. So tired, I’m 4 months into training now which is about half way and it’s leaving me feeling absolutely smashed.

pictonroad

You’ll be fitter for the 2nd half, it’s daylight and the weather is better.

You got this.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Big couple of weeks of training on both bike and running, ending with fleet half marathon this morning. The legs gave up after just 4km and after that it was all about mental strength. So tired

Being tired is a sign the training load is ramping up. Have a rest week; make sure you enjoy ‘training’ for a few days/ a week etc then get back on it and smash it.

‘What would keith do?’ has become a bit of a mantra/ motivator for me. Happy memories of going out on some hard bike ride, then keith telling me he ran 30km the day before!!

Let us know if you fancy a training ride some time.

curto80
    Free Member

32km run before work this morning, on the back of 30km run Saturday and 50 miles recovery ride on Sunday. Loving it. No really.

trap6
    Free Member

Big thumbs up too you curto,great dedication!!

Rockape63
    Free Member

just spotted this…done. good luck!

curto80
    Free Member

Thank you to everyone who’s sponsored me.

Today’s my 37th birthday and it marks a year to the day I last saw my bud alive. Off out for a 20 mile run round the New Forest where we used to run together.

Last long run before the marathon and then moving into the BRIC phase of my training programme after that.

You’ve all given me the motivation I need to stay strong on days like today.

jamj1974

Doing a brilliant job!

sillysilly
    Free Member

Done – Good cause / good luck.

curto80
    Free Member

Exactly a year ago today I was riding the Lionheart 100 Sportive. I couldn’t have known I’d get back to the car to over 100 missed calls, with the news that Keith had finally lost his epic battle.

Hope you’re doing ok up there buddy.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/NeverGiveUp2017

curto80
    Free Member

Well it’s finally marathon day. Just need to smash this out and then I’m allowed to ride my bike again

Markie
    Free Member

Good luck!

Stoner
    Free Member

have a good one. porridgy breakfast!

aide

Good luck curto, let us know how you found it today

curto80
    Free Member

Can’t believe there’s only 6 weeks to go now.

I’ve run 500 miles this year which is 1000 miles a year pace and further than I’ve ever run over a sustained period before.

Since the Soton marathon the bike has been coming back and I’m feeling stronger now. Did a decent 70 miles around my bit of the South Downs this morning (Old Winchester, Butser, Combe down). Been chilling this afternoon ahead of an hour run tonight and then 3 hour run back up the Downs tomorrow.

Next weekend is a race day practice which is a long ride and then run up Great Dun Fell along the Penine Way.

Starting to get a bit scared. Just gotta keep moving though right?

thomthumb
    Free Member

Starting to get a bit scared. Just gotta keep moving though right?

just a run, a bike ride and another run. what’s to be scared of! 😉

you’ll smash it.

curto80
    Free Member

So exactly one more month to go until the big day.

Last weekend was a big day of riding in the Pennines and then a run up Great Dun Fell. Felt pretty strong.

Tomorrow big ride through the new forest and around the Isle of Wight and then a long run on Sunday.

curto80
    Free Member

Anyone fancy 50 miles round the new forest tomorrow? 5.30am start.

Last weekend of training for this, before tapering. 2 weeks until race day. Gulp.

So close now to hitting the £6k mark for Bloodwise.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/nevergiveup2017

dannybgoode

Not been on the forum for a while and missed this – whilst I didn’t know Keith you’re right – cancer needs to be kicked in the knackers.

Done and good luck – sounds a truly horrible event and top marks for all your fundraising.

curto80
    Free Member

Just gone though the £6k barrier of sponsorship.

SIX THOUSAND POUNDS

All of you are amazing.

So close to 200 sponsors…

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/nevergiveup2017

thomthumb
    Free Member

Just gone though the £6k barrier of sponsorship.

amazing well done bud.

curto80
    Free Member

Just back from last weekend BRIC session. Tapering down now so only 50km bike/16km run. Muggy out there though so hard work jogging up the hill to Cheesefoot Head.

This time next week I’ll be faffing around at registration. Cannot wait to get this done.

curto80
    Free Member

Mods

Thank you for sticking this thread, really appreciated it. Time to let it make its way down the pages now I suspect.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘In memory of 29erKeith’ is closed to new replies.