Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • In-car/ van bike stands.
  • Ambrose

Does anyone have any recommendations for an in-car/ van bike stand to keep the bike upright during transit?

Rosebikes have this http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/xtreme-bike-stand/aid:113332
    Any experiences/ ideas etc?

To fit in a Berlingo multispace.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Just use bungies, if you use that stand you’d still have to secure somehow. This is mine

MoreCashThanDash

There was a thread on here a few months ago with details of bike holders some American guys had made for the back of their pick ups out of plastic piping – looked really clever for what it was.

Quite what the word to use in the forum search to track it down, I have no idea……

Lummox

Minoura vergo is exactly what you’re after

lee93
    Free Member

If you don’t mine taking the front wheel off then
    Look on crc I had a transit connect swb and got a qr
    Bracket that skrewed to the van floor good solid hold by the qr
    Just slot the forks in like yourputting the wheel on then fasten tight!!

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Lee 93, mines a Transit connect above

tthew

Yeah, I was looking for the same sort of solution a few months ago. In the end I just use bungies like Holyzeus.

Could just get a simple wheel stand, Halfords do them and screw it to the floor if the floor is lined and the van is big enough to load straight into.

edit – much like the Rose bikes one you linked to 😳 A Berlingo’s going to need the front wheel turned or taken off I think.

Ambrose

Bike fits straight into the Berlingo 🙂

DickBarton

I used to own a Berlingo – bikes fitted in no probs at all – my Giant was a Large and the seatpost was almost a foot in the air –

Single Bike in Berlingo by DickBarton, on Flickr

With 2 bikes –

2 bikes in Berlingo by DickBarton, on Flickr

Where are you based? I have the first model of the Minoura Vergo – doesn’t look as ‘nice’ as the one shown above as mine looks a bit more industrial – it works for 2 bikes with front wheels off and QRs…I believe 15mm and 20mm adapters work on it. It sits in my garage doing nothing…if it is of any use, I’m more than happy to sell it on…

The version I have is a double version of this –

– except it doesn’t have the wee stabilising leg as the rack is twice the width and very stable…if this is any use to you let me know.

lee93
    Free Member

Holyzeus – I had three bikes in mine so had to take front wheels off I had two pointing inwards behind each seat then the other one I pushed in backwards down the middle with the forks at the back doors! and the wheels hung on the sides of the van!

Ambrose

I’m near Swansea.

kayak23

I have a Berlingo. I just turn the bikes upsidedown and alternate ends. The bars keep them pretty stable

lee93
    Free Member

Ambrose you have mail

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

i think this was done with a £30 stand from halfords, i guess you could cut it down further to fit or for less bikes etc. So, same as your link for one. maybe you could fashion something that could make it easy to remove if necessary

Ambrose

Lee- text sent.

uberscott

Got a Thule 592 interior rack for sale if you’re interested. Bolted to the floor of my S-Max, very sturdy piece of kit.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/thule-592-interior-rack-saris-hatch-huggers

mugsys_m8

Ambrose,

I think I know your sister and Brother in Law: Alice and Adam?

Anyway, my mate has made a really good stand to clamp the front forks.
    He got some old hubs and some sheet MDF. The whole thing is cleverly attached to the car by threading through tie down straps which are then threaded through the cargo hooks in the floor of the boot (scenic)

The bikes go infacing out, rear wheel on, front off (obviously). I’m planning to get round to making one.

Let me know if interested and I will try and get some photos off him.

JamieMc
    Free Member

Lummox, where did you find the wee screw on nets for holding random bits and pieces. Been trying to find some for my van. The bigger the better

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘In-car/ van bike stands.’ is closed to new replies.