Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Improving Chain-Line – Will I die if…
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Scenario is 1×10 using 2×10 chain set and the chainline is quite bad.

So If I remove the BB spacer to even out the chain across the cassette, will it do the job or will I die?

njee20
    Free Member

You can’t remove it – you’ll have to put it the other side. Your cranks will be offset by 2.5mm. I did it years ago for a while, never noticed any ill effects I must say.

I’m using a double chain set for 1×10 though and the chain line’s fine.

Spin
    Free Member

What njee says. Worked on my fixie.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’m using slx with 34t thick/thin 11-36 rear and the chain looks ready to come off the 36t sprocket.

Have already wound the b-tension almost fully in…

I expected like you to have no issues with 1×10 but it’s not quite working out that way atm. 😕

Lakes_Puma

I’m abut to do the same thing, albeit with a XT crankset and was considering using spacers and longer chainring bolts to adjust the chainline, have you considered that?

Also on the subject can someone please tell me what the correct chainline should be? is it the middle of the cassette?

stu170
    Free Member

Im running a narrow wide on a 10spd cassette. Found the chain line in the big sprocket isn’t the best. Combated a little by having the chainring the other way round to what it should be. Has improved it a little. But at the top still not great. Haven’t dropped the chain yet mind. And im not running a guide or clutch mech. Just faith

svalgis
    Free Member

Just move the BB spacer, it will be absolutely fine and look better than spacing the chainring itself (though that might be a little less fuzz).

patriotpro
    Free Member

Lakes_puma, I have considered spacing out the chain-ring but it sounds too bodgy/faffy.

Gonna switch the spacer (bb) to the other side.

Stu170 – whist chainring are you using? My Raceface only alters cosmetically if it’s flipped…

distanced0
    Free Member

Ah this is the forum I need! I have exact same problem with my new Works Components ring andnslx double crank. I think I’ll go the longer chainring bolts and spacers route but question is – How much? Did you guys trythisnor move the bb spacer?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Improving Chain-Line – Will I die if…’ is closed to new replies.