Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fringe-based hate crime: I'm saying it was DezB
  • scaredypants
    piemonster

**** me, the comments section.

funkmasterp

**** me, the comments section.

I’ve just read all of it 😯 the level of anger towards cyclists is staggering. Especially when taking in to account the article doesn’t even state how exactly the collision occurred.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Having worked for Slade a number of years ago I think that a broken elbow would actually improve Dave Hill’s guitar playing! 😉

hatter

I’ve ridden along Brighton seafront many times, aa my wife went to Uni there, for those unfamiliar it’s basically a big wide pavement with a clearly marked cycle lane running most of the length of it.

The amount of pedestrians who stroll across the cycle lane without looking or giving any indication of thier intentions was staggering, it was like they’re trying to get hit. Even my very mild mannered and far from recklessly speedy wife got in occasionall shouting matches riding along there with people who just stepped out in front of her with no warning.

In the absence of any CCTV and seeing as there’s no mention of any pending legal proceedings against the cyclist I’m inclined to conclude this is what’s happened here.

Just because you’re in Slade it doesn’t mean you’require always looking where you’re going.

Should evidence emerge that the cyclist was riding like a cock-end I will be happy to revise my conclusions accordingly.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

But it’s easier to direct your anger at a universally unpopular source of inconvenience than the real shit stirrers and **** who are really **** the place up 😐

Fact is the majority of motorists (non biking) want push bikes off the roads full stop and will use any means to instigate regulation/discouragement to reduce numbers in the first instance, working toward further clamp downs/segregation.

martinhutch

Ah, Brighton and Hove, the very hub of the green political revolution.

aracer
    Free Member

The comments are just the same old cyclist hate you always get on any article involving cycling in the local papers (no matter how positive the article is towards cyclists). Clearly there are significant numbers of cyclist haters out there, but comments on local paper articles are no indication of the feelings of the majority of the population – on the whole people commenting on any local paper articles tend to be nutters (I’ve done a bit of it in my time).

DezB
    Free Member

8)

someone knows about the conversation I had with singletrackmind last week 😆

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Once my Mrs came home with a Slade type haircut, I made my excuses and left.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fringe-based hate crime: I'm saying it was DezB’ is closed to new replies.