Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I'm no good…
  • warton
    Free Member

…at road racing. cat 3/4 today, I was feeling confident. shed 10kg since christmas, and been going well. I was never going to be in the top ten, but thought i could finish in the bunch. the route goes over 4 big climbs. I was out the back on the first one.

i’m getting pissed tonight

Merak

Rome wasn’t built in day etc. Keep on keeping on, loosing 10kg is excellent. Your performances will improve, have a beer but dont waste all your hard work. 🙂

jekkyl

Bet you still had a blast though. Least you’re not a fatty sat in watching tele all day and it wasn’t raining!
    What shall thee be imbibing this evening, I’ve already started on the Stella.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Nope….you’re rubbish.
    Sell your road bike, buy a proper (mountain) bike and then just have fun rather than beating yourself up :D.

cloudnine
    Free Member

You werent pedalling fast enough or possibly taking the wrong drugs..

jimification
    Free Member

Unless you’re getting paid for it, it doesn’t matter. What matters is whether you had fun or not. 10KG off is amazing – that’s more than my MTB!

Klunk
    Free Member

you are kryton57 and i claim my £5

warton
    Free Member

i enjoyed the bunch, but that was fleeting… no worries, i know i’m not going to be pulling up trees.

epicyclo

warton – Member
    …i’m getting pissed tonight

There’s where you’re going wrong.

That’s single speed specific training, not gearie nose in preceding bum stuff.

warton
    Free Member

There’s where you’re going wrong.

booze free for 4 months…

paul4stones

Was that the Ballantyne? My pal dropped his chain going up Bilsmoor the second time according to strava. There’s some proper fast nutters about eh?

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Sounds challenging for a first road race if it had such big climbs. Had you already done some crits?

Presuming you’ve come from a mountain bike background, it’s very easy to get carried away and work too hard before it even gets grippy. Those times when you feel the pace is too easy, or that they’re failing to maintain their momentum, is often because they’re reserving their effort. Alternatively, maybe you sat in the back too much which takes more energy due to having to accelerate back up to speed more after corners. Apologies if you’re well aware of such advice.

wwaswas

local crits to me are good – it’s only an 800 yard lap so people get lots of opportunities to join back on to groups if they get dropped – it’s not a ‘once you’re dropped you’re dropped for good’ type thing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I'm no good…’ is closed to new replies.