Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • I'm depressed.. I feel like buying a new bike
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I've got a 7" travel monster (by my standards) an Orange 5 and an XC race bike.

Maybe some kind of long travel dirt bike? Although, I've always wanted to ride a proper DH bike…

What do you reckon? 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Cheap DH bike and a trip to the Alps?

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

My mate has a Patriot 7+ Frame or complete bike for sale if you interested? 😉

YGM

fontmoss
    Free Member

ss cross frame?

vinnyeh

bar of chocolate will see you right.

Maybe some kind of long travel dirt bike

CRF450 or similar?

marionheck
    Free Member

cross or a DH bike.

molgrips
    Free Member

Already got a Patriot – that's my 7" monster.

Cross bike – thought about it, but a bit dull. Although have been thinking about local CX races lately.

CRF-450 – could be interesting 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

AM[b]CX[/b]FR is wear its att duuuuuude

ianpinder
    Free Member

A nice ti lt hardtail

fontmoss
    Free Member

Cross bike – thought about it, but a bit dull.

ride them on proper trails for the opposite effect 😉

(and ss to keep the climbs interesting)

Rubber_Buccaneer

Molgrips, don't you need to sort that toilet before you think about a new bike?

molgrips
    Free Member

ride them on proper trails for the opposite effect

I fail to see how that'd work…

si-wilson
    Free Member

How about some Ti loveliness? Brodie Ti Holeshot long travel HT. Due to arrive tomorrow, frame numbers limited so you would be super cool and exclusive 😉

tonyd

^^^ That looks lovely.

fontmoss
    Free Member

I fail to see how that'd work…

a cross bike on mtb trails doesnt get called dull

molgrips
    Free Member

Riding my fave trails slower and less comfortably would be dull, surely?

fontmoss
    Free Member

Riding my fave trails slower and less comfortably would be dull, surely?

depends how well you can ride i guess

Xylene
    Free Member

CRF450 or similar?

Poo poo

MTFU

CR500

Rode my mates CR500 converted to Super-Motard around a go-kart track and can honestly say I was papping myself all the way round.

no power no power no power no power ————————————————————————————–> I think my arms were left somewhere back there.

Or if you are desperate for four stroke – go BIG DR BIG

800cc (or 750) on cylinder.

_tom_
    Free Member

I had my first go on a proper downhill bike the other day and now I need one. So much fun just being able to plough through everything without having to worry about technique like you do on a HT 😆

audiophile
    Free Member

Get the CR500. And some new underwear. Rode one once, handed it back with a polite smile and vowed never to be that scared ever again. Get yourself a BMX, recently ressurected my old one and realised why I love bikes, I felt 14 again.

epicyclo

Buy a field and a CR500.

Now you're a farmer you'll need to plough it regularly – luckily you have a CR500 🙂

Or you could get a fatbike and get to go places you could never take an ordinary bike.

Xylene
    Free Member

Get the CR500. And some new underwear.

Off all the bikes I've ridden, the CR500 is the one I had the greatest respect for. It could climb walls if it wanted

I never got to ride the three cylinder kawasaki stroker, but one day, when I'm feeling suicidal I might give it a go.

igm

Go rigid and learn to ride as fast rigid and full suss – I managed by slowing down on the full suss.

will
    Free Member

Just what Fontmoss said.

nickc

Although, I've always wanted to ride a proper DH bike.

me too, ages and ages ago spent a day messing about on a massive Santa Cruz thing (bullit?), million inches of travel, never laughed so much, wanted one ever since.

coastkid
    Free Member

had a CR500,great!, then a KX500, even greater!, then honda XRs, 600s and better still as on the road,
    now get my kicks and grins on a Surly Pugsley,why? cause it goes everywhere abeit at a slower pace! but makes me feel good about life and that cant be a bad thing…hope you find contentment and happyness 😮

ivantate
    Free Member

what kind of bike did you say?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘I'm depressed.. I feel like buying a new bike’ is closed to new replies.