• This topic has 24 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by skids.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • If you think its a scam its a scam yep?
  • LMT
    Free Member

Been looking for a dog for a while, we have differences of opinion I want to take a rescue dog, my other half wants a pug. We have been looking local dog rescue places etc..

Then yesterday out of no where on chasetrails the facebook page was a baby pug seeing if anyone wanted to adopt as the owner had to go away to look after a relative,

Well I thought nothing to lose, so contacted the person. Mid-afternoon the facebook page of the owner had gone, I thought perhaps the pug had gone elsewhere.

Today I got an email, some bits of the mail didn’t make sense, £250 for the cost to transfer puppies details (after checking this is £16) as the pug is microchipped and the rest is to transport the pug to ours. Now I thought the pug was around Cannock area, turns out its the isle of man, how would you know the cost of the transport?? having checked online quite a few places need both postcodes which I haven’t given the other person yet.

The email asked for my name/address and how I would pay, ive fired back asking for more pictures of the pug and why did they advertise on chase trails as it doesn’t really make sense?

Part of me is thinking its a way to get £200 for very little work, another part is its a scam to find out where I live as I have bikes as a biker on chase trails so setting myself up for a theft.

Whatever happens I won’t get the pug now as I like to see them in there current home and interact before making a choice, hence why I keep going to the rescue places locally.

What do you think? scam or no scam?

DezB
    Free Member

What I think, is if you want a pug, then there’ll be one a lot closer than the Isle of Man.

LMT
    Free Member

Yep I get that, was thinking this one was local to Cannock which isn’t too far to go and I’ve travelled further to get a dog in the past, not for me.

Turns out I have more friends that don’t drive hence me travelling the country for bikes and the odd dog here and there, and yep isle of man is massively out of the way.

frankconway

Scam – probably.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Seen this one a few times. There is no dog. You pay the money. The will then be a problem with the ferry terminal or something, and you will be asked for more money to resolve it. The poor “dog” will be in a crate at a dock. Except there isn’t a dog.

lucky7500

1. It probably is a scam.
    2. Never buy anything (especially an animal) from a random Facebook advert which disappears after a couple of hours.
    3. Go to this site.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Don’t get a Pug either. Poor buggers.

Speshpaul

If you are going to get a Pug get a 205GTi

chakaping
    Free Member

Ah, the old Cannock Pug-dosh scam – not seen that for a while.

Why not suggest your missus and you go to a reputable local rehoming centre for a chat, maybe have a look at some of the woofers while you’re there?

You;re bound to come home with something more sensible than a pug.

pondo

Even if it’s not a scam, doesn’t sound like people I’d want to buy anything off.

tom200

Pug=useless trail dog BTW. Get a rescue mongrel from a proper rescue centre, if you can afford £500 for one then donate that amount to the centre.

headfirst
    Free Member

Google pug breathing problems. They are the trendy dog of the month, I heard someone from the RSPCA (or similar) last week bemoaning this fashion for flat faced dogs who can’t breathe properly.

soobalias
    Free Member

a dog is not just for christmas

igmc

stewartc
    Free Member

a dog is not just for Christmas

I have some Korean recipes that can stretch it out to the new year.

IGMC

zippykona

Horrible,horrible yappy little dogs that stink.
    Get down the dog pound I’m sure there’s tons of dogs down there that will break your heart not your bank.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I bought a little dog without seeing it properly just recently. Bad idea, I was sold a pup

rickmeister

There are probably loads of dogs at the rescue centre and I wager a lot will be Staffy or similar… very sad…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

look at some of the woofers while you’re there?

I read that slightly differently…

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

If you think that’s legit you probably deserve to have a pug inflicted on you 😆

Convince your other half to get a proper dog not a horrible little mutant that sprays piss everywhere, sounds like a chronic asthma sufferer, and looks like it’s run into a brick wall at 30mph 😉

IHN

Don’t get a Pug either. Poor buggers.

This + a billion

Scam or not, and ascending to my high horse for a minute, a Pug is an appalling dog to consider buying; purpose bred, often on appalling unlicensed puppy farms in really miserable conditions, to have massive facial deformities, leading to a lifetime of breathing problems. You know that grunty noise they make? That’s cos they’re struggling to breathe. And that’s not the only health problems they’ll have. Pugs are prone to issues specific to brachycephalic (flat faced) breeds (breathing, eyes, folds of skin) and are prone to issues of the toy breeds generally (luxating patella, dental problems, trachea). And then there is Pug Dog Encephalitis (PDE) that is pug specific. All so stupid (generally) women can go “ah, is’t it cute!” F****ing idiots. 👿

No offense to your other half, obvs.

What vets say

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

That back story is a cover for puppy farming. Don’t do it.

Also I echo the comments about not buying a pug, at all. RSPCA view here.
    That’s a whole lot of problems bred into a dog for the sake of looking weird.

martinhutch

Your other half is wrong, and this is one of the few occasions you should take the risk of saying so. Get a rescue dog.

LMT
    Free Member

I agree on the pug issues and a dogs not for Christmas, we have been looking for a dog for 6 months now. Found dogs for friends and family just not found one that’s for us yet….

CountZero

I’ve got a 50′ pole I can sell you for £250 that you can use to not touch that particular dog…

skids
    Free Member

Puppy Farm mail order dog? pass

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘If you think its a scam its a scam yep?’ is closed to new replies.