Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • If you had a million quid…
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That’s a lot of money, and you could help out a lot of people with that sort of cash.

Yep. Think how many times you hear of a kid needing £10k for an operation. Pay for that. You could help get homeless people off the streets, fund community projects that help hundreds of people. I would love to have that sort of money to give away. But not everyone would…..
    When the couple won £156 million or whatever it was on Euro Millions I had this conversation with someone. I said I’d sort my family out, buy a nice house and invest some to keep me secure, then give the rest away. I could employ someone to help, set up a fund and just go for it, read all the begging letters, check the stories out, make sad people happy.
    But the person I talked to looked at me funny “I might give a bit away, but I’d buy a yacht and blow it all” was the response.
    Sadly I’ll never get the chance, but if a few grand could save a life or get someone off drugs, once you’ve got that sort of cash it’s peanuts, and I couldn’t morally keep it all and be happy in my own skin.
    But that’s just me.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i’d rather give £25,000 to 40 different people, than say £500,000 to 2

Rich_s

Thanks cp – I’ll owe you one 😉

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’d buy a couple of million condoms and send them out randomlly to people of child bearing age of all walks of life. With a little note just saying – “think for a minute about the future”. A couple of thousand less unplanned kids has to be the best thing for the world.

white101

I was in Norn Ireland this year visiting the good ladys family, I heard her dad say to his girlfriend in reply to her question ‘would you still love me if you won the lottery?’ yes, but I’d miss you

scaredypants

remember though, when you’re giving stuff away

“give a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day

teach a man to fish and he’ll bore the living shite out of others for the rest of his life”

so I shall give away fish suppers

with scraps

keefus
    Free Member

Scaredypants…..Laughed so much I cried. Brilliant.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Thanks cp – I’ll owe you one

you poor now then? 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘If you had a million quid…’ is closed to new replies.