Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • If Ali G rode enduro…
  • chakaping
    Free Member

You may remember that striking green DH fork from DVO a while back?

Well it seems like X-Fusion have upped the ante on that (and on Fox’s gold bits) with their latest prototype…

Only available in 27in and 29in, but it does have a 20mm axle! Link to PB story.

I remain suspicious of upside-down forks from a practical POV though, judging from the number of scars on the lowers of my forks vs their stanchions.

legend
    Free Member

but it does have a 20mm axle!

just as well, have you ever tried to ride an overcooked noodle?

kimbers

always wanted one of these

they dropped it because 10 years ago no one would ever dream of paying 500 quid for a fork, how times have changed!

chakaping
    Free Member

Legend – Xfusion are claiming it’s stiffer than anything else in the 160mm market.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Those RACs were soooo lovely!

I’d love a UD fork like that. Not sure I could carry off the gold, mind you.

legend
    Free Member

They lie 😉

ThePinkster

For some bizarre reason I really like that X-fusion fork. Just a shame it’s not 26″ otherwise it’d look great on the Mondy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just a shame it’s not 26″ grey otherwise it’d look great on the Mondy.

(So, so, sorry, but I had to!)

hora
    Free Member

Wow, what an amazing and inovative and exciting new product. Well done (insert name here) for taking a product thats been out there for years and (murdering-out) or putting a few mm onto the diameter.

tossers.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Every RAC I ever saw went back under warranty because they all creaked at the crown/steerer bonding. Have any survived?

legend
    Free Member

dunno but there’s a few of these still understeering about the place:

clubber
    Free Member

I’d forgotten about the RAC – if they actually worked they’d have been a great (mainly in the looks department…) fork…

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I might be being stupid here but what makes this fork not suitable for 26?

There is no arch so why does it matter what wheel you put in it?

Is the A2C height considered too big or is the amount of travel that is considered unsuitable?

clubber
    Free Member

It’ll just be the length – in theory, too long for the travel though given the pretty small difference between 26 and 27″ wheels, I doubt it’ll really be that critical.

messiah
    Free Member

Will Manitou bring back the Dorado SC?

rOcKeTdOg

My SC32 pulls to the brake side when the lever is pulled hard, but great fork otherwise

ThePinkster

clubber – Member
    It’ll just be the length – in theory, too long for the travel though given the pretty small difference between 26 and 27″ wheels, I doubt it’ll really be that critical.

The trail might also be slightly different, but TBH I’d be surprised if anyone noticed.

veedubba

Crown offset’ll probably be different for bigger wheels too, Wattsymtb

chakaping
    Free Member

The trail might also be slightly different

You mean it’ll come alive?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I had a set of RACs

Creaked like hell

dirtyrider
    Free Member

clubber
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

The trail might also be slightly different

You mean it’ll come alive?

😀

Yeah. I guess my point was that it won’t be *exactly right* but it’ll certainly work.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I love those single crown Shivers. I’d do have a pair in my BFe if they didn’t fetch such high prices.

I loved my old dual crown Shivers. They weighed loads but looked ace and were the plushest forks I’ve ever had. Everyone used to rip the Mick out if me fir having them telling me how much they flexed etc but they felt loads nicer than their Boxxers.

zerocool

I loved my Single Crown Shivers, super plush 100mm and I know people complained that they twisted a bit (and weighed the same as a small moon) but personally i liked them. I think to many people put to much stock in frame, fork, component stiffness (obviously it is important to an extent), but if everything continues to be 25% stiffer than last years we’ll all be rattled to pieces. I seem to remember that Sunn used to build flex into their frames as when they tested super stiff frames they performed worse. Also why a lot of people prefer skinny steel tubes to fat Aluminium hardtails.

Tom KP

PS SC Shivers rocked (until the stantion protectors were destroyed and then they got damaged pretty fast). I think mine are still doing the rounds on a DJ bike somewhere and they were slightly twisted after a head on incident with a large pick up.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘If Ali G rode enduro…’ is closed to new replies.