Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Idiot toys with tubeless – Help please
  • lowey

Right, finally decided to see what all the fuss is about. Got a new wheel on order with a flow ex rim. Few questions.

What do I need to get up and running apart from the rim.
    Can I stick on my High Roller tyre… its only a couple of months old or will I need a dedicated tyre.
    Any tips on inflating them ? Heard you need a compressor.

Thanks guys!

creamegg
    Free Member

Valves
    Yellow tape
    Sealant

With flows my (non-tubeless) tyres went up with a track pump, one handed. Otherwise a ghetto inflator is worth a go

johnnystorm

Wrap of tape to seal the spoke holes, valves, some goo and you’re good to go. If the tyres aren’t too baggy a fit you’ll be ok with a track pump. Maxxis on Stans have always gone up well for me. You might need to pump them up too hard until they “ping” into place but let some air out and you’re good to go.

Stans have some good videos on their website to explain/show the process off better.

nickc

CO2 can will get it up if you can’t manage with a track pump.

johnnystorm

Argh. Too slow. 😉

kayak23

I did mine for the first time last week.
    Both on flows, both on ardents.

Front went up great initially.pumped it up to about 35psi, and it suddenly blew off the rim with no warning. Pretty scary actually, but second time went up again and stayed up fine.
    struggled with rear. Track pump wouldn’t do it at all. Took it to a garage, these modern air pumps are useless as they start very slowly and need to feel back pressure to work and it didn’t work.

Took it to work, took valve core out and used compressor gun. Popped out fine and stayed up with track pump.
    It lasted two days of riding, then a half day at Gawton. First run after lunch, landed a tiny jump and BANG!!!

Not sure if it was a slightly older tyre or what. They were Ardent Exo… don’t trust them now but may get a new tyre and give it one more go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Idiot toys with tubeless – Help please’ is closed to new replies.