Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Ideas for stopover in/near Alps an easy day from Calais.
  • Brycey
    Free Member

Evening all.

Heading down for the Mega avec fairly preggers missus in a small campervan. As such I'm aiming to make the journey down a bit more relaxed than the usual rag-it-to-the-Alps-as-quickly-as-possible espresso run. I'll be leaving Calais early doors so looking for suggestions for a nice wee town to pitch camp in that afternoon preferably at least semi-Alpine. No major requirement other than 'nice'.

Merci

Spongebob
    Free Member

You are talking a long long schlepp to the Alps and with a preggers wife! She must be very dedicated to want to go camping in her condition!

Dijon is where we'd usually break the journey, but it ain't what i'd call nice.

Maybe you could do 4/5 hours and have a couple of hours stop to restm then carry on.

If you can do it, i'd recommend a stop near Annecy by the lake. That's a lovely spot.

All depends on where the "Mega" actually is really.

Brycey
    Free Member

The Mega(avalanche) is in Alpe d'Huez, and we're only in the van the odd night and an apartment the rest, so it shouldn't be too bad. Thankfully the race was entered, the tunnel booked and the missus persuaded before the egg wall was breached.

Annecy could be a good shout, it's a long drive but so is everywhere down there. Cheers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Ideas for stopover in/near Alps an easy day from Calais.’ is closed to new replies.