Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ICE Lift V8 vs Reverb
  • dannymite1981
    Free Member

Imgoing to buy a dropper post but dont know which one of these to get.I know the pros and cons of the reverb(THE PRICE!) but dont know much about the ice lift v8 as in reliability so anyone with any input much appreciated.thanks

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ice lifts are cheap for a reason, if budget it tight get a hi-lo or a Giant contact

bedmaker

I’ve got both, I only got the Ice as it was 27.2.

The reverb is a combination of a Merc S Class, Kiera Kinghtley’s lips and your favourite socks.

The Ice V8 is a combination of an old double decker bus, Susan Boyle’s lips and herpes.

It does the job though to be fair.

dantsw13

I’ve a lift V8.

If money is tight, and you are happy stripping and greasing it occasionally, get the ICE.

If you have loads of cash, get the reverb.

Buy the ICE from purebike.fr for £85.

mattbee

ICE (well, traildrop so pretty much the same thing) on my bijke. Clunky but gets the saddle out of the way. Needs strippibng and cleaning now and again but it’s a 10 min job.
    Wife has a reverb and it’s so much nicer. I’d have one in a shot but my Turner is 27.2….

dantsw13

Dont forget the Ice V8 has the cable at the bottom too, so no cable growth.

baldman
    Free Member

I have both (like bedmaker needed a 27.2 for one bike). The reverb is worth the extra money. It’s a lot smoother, less play (though you don’t notice it too much when riding), more adjustment, looks better (if that’s important for you), much better lever, less maintenance (in my experience). Despite all that the ICE V8 or Forca variants does the job fine if you are on a tight budget, it’s just if you have the option the reverb is much better.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve got a V8. It’s ok. You need to service it a lot in wet conditions (every 2 or 3 rides) but it really is a piece of piss to do, and only takes about 5-10 mins. It has a really narrow sweet spot in terms of cable tension, but when you get it right it works consistently.

It has developed a fair amount of play at the top as the bushings seem to wear quickly. I suspect I will be testing the UK two year warranty on this eventually.

Having said that this, it still doesn’t seem bad for the money. By the way, I’ve found that copper grease is the best viscosity for the moving parts on this post, not thick Teflon grease.

baldman
    Free Member

Dannyh good tip, will try that next time I strip mine 🙂

dantsw13

Ive found once the cable stretches and beds in, it is much less problematic. Im considering anotherdropeer for my Alps bike, and will probably get another.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ICE Lift V8 vs Reverb’ is closed to new replies.