Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Ibis Silk Ti … softail – any good?
  • Aus
    Free Member

I know it’s prob bit old school, but are these as a good as they say they are? Certainly look nice and an interesting ‘pivot’ point. And views/experience?

http://ibiscycles.consumedesign.com/products/bikes/mtb/silk_ti/technology/

Cheers

the-muffin-man

Is it the 1990s again!? 😀

I think their product shot for this shows how much development they’ve put into this since it’s launch…

qwerty
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s no Bow Ti, that’s for sure.

titusrider
    Free Member

surely that website is just the hangover from ‘old ibis’ and you cant go and buy one still….

http://www.ibiscycles.com/

PS and if you are looking at a second hand one then only you know if u want one, but I expect that want would be more out of nostalgia than reality!!

qwerty
    Free Member

timbur
    Free Member

I’ve got a Litespeed Unicoi in the shed that needs a new home.
    Ti loveliness in soft tail format.
    Size 18” with disc mount and RS Sid rear can.
    Tim

njee20
    Free Member

Always liked the Trek STP:

PS and if you are looking at a second hand one then only you know if u want one, but I expect that want would be more out of nostalgia than reality!!

This, I’d not really want to ride one compared to any halfway decent modern bike.

nedrapier

Daffy

I think the OP is interested in this:

Ibis Silk Ti on eBay

timbur
    Free Member

Lord above, I need to list my Litespeed.

Sanny
    Free Member

I have one. Really nice bike to ride as an XC style machine. Great for both big days out and fast blasts. Unfortunately for it, I have been drawn to fat bikes and full sussers of late. Still a great bike though. The quality of the welds and the workmanship are top notch.

scotroutes

Great concept but fatter tyres do the same job.

timbur
    Free Member

Alas a soft tail makes you look less of a tit than a fat bike (only my opinion, magazines will tell you otherwise 😈

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I always fancied a DeKerf soft tail – anybody got one?

sanername

I’ve got a Siren Bicycles softail, its geometry is like a slack short chainstayed 29er hardtail and it is brilliant. I’ve got a fused vertebrae and find full suspension too much of a faff, so it’s perfect.

beaker

I had a Dekerf Soft tail and loved it. I’d have another in a heart beat. It obviously didn’t feel like suspension, more like a bit of give.

timbur
    Free Member

Like slow puncture iirc. A bit more give than you get from a hard tail but not plush like a fs.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I am known to be a bit of a ibis ti nut.. love them and have three. one of these is the bowTi. 5 inches of travel, no mechanical pivots, scrummy.

I confess I havent ridden a Silk Ti but I have heard they initially feel like a soft rear tire if you come from a hardtail. but that you then get used to this and enjoy the cushioned ride. The ibis ti frames are all works of art, stunning. I know the one on ebay, its been listed a while but its a pretty rare an unusual frame to sell and the guy selling knows what it is. Think he has a bowTi also.

If I didnt have my bowTi I would be looking to buy one like the one on ebay.

oh and if you want a disk mount adding, steve potts is yer man.

njee20
    Free Member

oh and if you want a disk mount adding, steve potts is yer man.

Not an issue on the eBay one, it has one…

ajantom

The Global Ti Softail in the post up there ^ was mine, and now resides with another member on here.

The concept works well if you’re looking for some more comfort on long rides.
    It does feel a bit disconcerting when you first ride it, like you have a soft rear tyre or the spokes are loose!

GregMay
    Free Member

For years I’ve been lusting after one of these: Moots YBB 29er

brassneck

For years I’ve been lusting after one of these: Moots YBB 29er

I did the 26er, then I found out how it’d cost 😯

Lottery bike for me, that.

GregMay
    Free Member

Similar for me. If I for some reason get a massive windfall – that is partially what it will go on.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Silk Ti … softail – any good?’ is closed to new replies.