Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Ibis Mojo SL for £1700.. Nah! Can't be!
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Spied this on eBay, seems to cheap to me. I appreciate it comes requiring assembly but still, they are selling he frame only for £1499..

To good to be true or to good to turn down?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBIS-MOJO-SL-SPECIAL-BLEND-COMPLETE-BIKE-KIT2-SMALL-15-MATT-CLEAR-/221402044488?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item338c971848

teamslug
    Free Member

dont 2 pure import them? I know it used to be jungle in Leeds (stif) cos thats where I got mine from in 2009. Having said that I could set up a ebay name similar to an importer and scam away…

AlexSimon

Bargin if you’re a 15″
    2pure are the Ibis distributors, so it’ll be genuine.

teamslug
    Free Member

Phone them….looks legit….amazing bike too

http://www.2pure.co.uk/contact/

1981miked
    Free Member

They have all sizes, I have google mapped the postcode and it comes up as 2pure, plus there is a business looking property. That is an outstanding price!

I’m only in Dundee so could nip through on Saturday..

Always wanted an Ibis Mojo and at that price it would be rude not to.

njee20
    Free Member

The Special Blend was only £2k complete anyway wasn’t it?

teamslug
    Free Member

As above had mine since 2009..only bike I have had for that length of time. Does everything that i’m ever gonna be capable of doing..Good strong build at mo and 25lb..had it down to 23lbs but was didnt feel as good. Alot more planted now.

kevin1911

Great frame – not a fantastic kit build with that one though.

1981miked
    Free Member

Still a good price though. It appears to be legit! Damn.. I was trying to hold off on buying a bike.. I feel a “look at my new bike thread coming on”.

1981miked
    Free Member

I have had the X fusion forks on another bike and was well impressed, never used the rear shock, SLX and XT is fine for me. Wheels and finishing kit defo where the costs have been saved, but like u said mate. Great frame, and IMO forks.

Must resist.. Must resist.. Meant to be saving money after selling car and buying an el cheapo!

Rosss
    Free Member

The frames they’re selling are HD frames for £1500 which is a different bike. I bought some new oldd stock Stans/ibis wheels from them last week and they turned up two days later. I assume they’re cleaing out all their old Ibis models

scotroutes

26″ wheels, innit.

D0NK

£1600 I thought the frames were more than that, is there something wrong with it?

or is it dying of nottwentysevenpointfiveitis?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The special blend builds were because they couldn’t shift the SL frames anyway, I guess they are clearing the stock that no-one wants.

1981miked
    Free Member

Just noticed the frames for £1499 are HD, makes no odds to me though. Don’t need the HD for my riding, don’t really need a bike for all I ride nowadays to be honest. However I’m justifying it to myself right now!

They are brand new and un used according to eBay. I guess it’s the 26″ wheels and the 1.1/8th headtube that making them hard to shift.

Agree with hob nob..

1981miked
    Free Member

Ok, I emailed 2 pure direct to ask a question re sizing and components…

Reply went,

Hi Mike,

Sorry, we don’t have any special blends assembled at present.
    I would advise you to contact the seller through the eBay site for conformation on your other questions.

The eBay sales a re handled at a remote location to us.

Best regards,

So the email address for 2pure is different to the one listed in eBay, am I being paranoid or would you expect them to be the same? I have emailed them back to ask if they know of the Edinburgh location.

May being a bit sceptical but better safe than sorry.

ojom
    Free Member

Fear not. Our warehouse is a few miles from our offices.

I can assure you the deal is legit. Should you wish, you can call me to chat about it in more detail tomorrow.

Mark @2pure

Call 0844 811 2001 and ask for me. If I can’t answer, leave your number.

Cheers

1981miked
    Free Member

Thanks for that Mark, I hope you don’t think I’m trying to question the integrity of 2 pure. It looks a great deal and I just want to make sure it’s all ok before I click “buy”

Can I collect Saturday if i go ahead?

darkcove

I’ve ordered one. I’ll let you know if it turns up! Seriously I bought a POC Trabec from that eBay store last week. Sadly the XL box contained a XS helmet and they couldn’t be more helpful sorting it out. Posted it back Tuesday in the prepaid bag they’d sent me and had the money back in my PayPal account by Wednesday lunch time.

Edit the helmet turned up less than 24hrs after I bought it. Not bad

ojom
    Free Member

Hmm that’s probably not possible. We close at weekends and we aren’t normally public facing. However, let’s chat tomorrow and I will see what I can do to make it work for you.

grum
    Free Member

Will they take 160mm forks?

1981miked
    Free Member

Ok thanks mate.

Rich
    Free Member

Are these 1-1/8th straight head tubes?

Only thing putting me off if so, due to hardly any forks being sold of that size any more.

Also…any idea of the differences between kit 1 and kit 2 builds, as the specs read identical?

darkcove

Finally turned up today after having to wait nearly a week after the first attempted (no fault of theirs just waiting for a day off work). The frame is a thing of beauty, rest of the stuff is all decent workman like stuff that’ll do nicely until it breaks/ wears out. Only thing I’m thinking of upgrade right away is the forks to some Revs or Fox 32s. Can’t wait to get it built up.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

2Pure’s factory sale had a PSA on here around November; 2012 Mojo SL frames were going for £900, and I managed to resist for the 6+ months that it took to shift them 🙄

AlexSimon

Only thing I’m thinking of upgrade right away is the forks to some Revs or Fox 32s. Can’t wait to get it built up.

Are you sure? Read some reviews before you do it.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo SL for £1700.. Nah! Can't be!’ is closed to new replies.