• This topic has 25 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by simmy.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • "I wasn't in" for a DPD delivery and get a picture of a random house…
  • Poopscoop

…where the calling card was left? I was in of course.

The random house in the pic the driver took had no exterior lighting or white BMW parked there. I know that interests some.

Our road has been here since the 1930’s. It wasn’t on his satnav??!

First world problem moan over.

Drac

Is it a modest house?

If it helps sat nav often doesn’t show houses that have been there for almost 200 years, they’re notoriously shit.

Poopscoop

Lol, yeah,a modest house.

Oddly DPD are usually not too bad. Have arranged for it to be dropped at a local chemist so hopefully the driver will find that. 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Dpd Chemist drop offs are quite good, it’d be my preference where they’re concerned. Sounds like it’s their preference too. 😀

Poopscoop

coolhandluke – Member
    Dpd Chemist drop offs are quite good, it’d be my preference where they’re concerned. Sounds like it’s their preference too.

I reckon your right. My choice has been chosen for me. 😀

I’ll get some ky whilst there.

For a friend.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Seems like the UK delivery services are all as bad as each other. I had to have an item posted to my parents’ address in the Uk which was also with dpd . My parents waited in all day for it but it never came. I got an email saying that the driver called but no one was at home and they will try again the next day so my parents waited in the whole day for the second time only for me to get another email saying the same thing but that they would be leaving the parcel at the nearest pick up point which was 20 miles away in Stafford! Fortunately for me my mother is very good at being an irate customer and it was swiftly organized that the parcel would be delivered the next day. My guess is that the driver couldn’t be arsed as it was too far from his patch.

andybrad

Had the same and they redeliverd next day

onehundredthidiot

Had the same. The driver that delivered it next day, even though it wasn’t his route, explained that they sometimes use “occasional drivers” who host don’t bother.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

In my neck of the woods DPD are good, Yodel throw stuff down the drive/over the hedge, Amazon lie about “needing a security code” to get through our open gate, best of all is our Postman who walks down to the door and has a chat

kerley
    Free Member

DPD were always brilliant but do seem to be getting a bit worse. Noticeable since the onset of Saturday and Sunday deliveries and the increase presumably due to their success.

Would guess they are struggling to get drivers and as the drivers I have met over the last 3 months have all been immigrants that struggle will only get worse (yes I have brought Brexit into it!)

seadog101

We seem to be one of the lucky few who have fairly reliable drivers working our patch. There is one who annoys my wife to bits as he parks up, comes to the door and rings the bell, then walks back to the van and waits for the door to be opened, before getting anything out of the van. I see his logic, and especially if its big/heavy.

Mrs Seadog hates standing out at the front door waiting as we have very very nosy neighbours.

charliew

I think we should start using the 3 words coordinates system. Assuming the recipient provides the right 3 words there is no excuse for not finding an addresss.

Post codes have the advantage of being able to be sorted by human memory but I am sure the bigger issue is the last mile delivery rather than sorting to a district.

I also don’t understand why the Post Office hasn’t capitalised on it’s network of shops and start accepting deliveries from any company for a small fee. Good way of making them more relevant in a modern world.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Poopscoop – Member
    coolhandluke – Member

For a friend.

So that’s how Dire Straits got in there. 😯

giantalkali
    Free Member

the drivers I have met over the last 3 months have all been immigrants

Make ’em do The Knowledge on a moped before ‘awarding’ UK citizenship.

hodgynd
    Free Member

DPD..have been excellent both before and after Christmas with the time slots quoted on their txt messages being spot on ..also an option to call the driver ..
    One of the better delivery companies..

Poopscoop

Chest_Rockwell – Member
    Poopscoop – Member
    coolhandluke – Member

For a friend.

So that’s how Dire Straits got in there.

Well remembered! 😀

Charliew, never heard of that 3 words system before. Quite clever!

somouk
    Free Member

DPD are really good in comparison to most, especially over the holiday.

I have a mate who works for them and they take their customer service seriously so give them a call.

euans2
    Free Member

I personally think that DPD are the best of them all, they always send me a delivery slot and you can keep an eye on where the delivery driver is on their live tracker.

CountZero

Mrs Seadog hates standing out at the front door waiting as we have very very nosy neighbours.

She could always play up to them by standing in a provocative manner wearing her nightie and dressing gown… 😉

Post codes have the advantage of being able to be sorted by human memory but I am sure the bigger issue is the last mile delivery rather than sorting to a district.

Postcodes are usually fine in urban areas, but get out into proper rural areas, where houses often don’t have numbers; it’s not unusual for a house to be half a mile or more from where the satnav takes you to, and sometimes in the opposite direction from the last junction.
    This I have lots of personal experience of, from picking up end-of-lease cars.

Potdog
    Free Member

Got a text from them just before Christmas to say a parcel would be delivered between 14:00 and 16:00. This was somewhat surprising being a Sunday and I only ordered the item on Saturday night.
    Even more surprising though is that it was delivered to our wheely bin at 11:40, thankfully nobody saw a 100 quid gift being lodged in the bin for safe delivery 😆

P-Jay
    Free Member

DPD are usually pretty good, but all bets are off in December. I was moaning to the driver who delivered something a week late to us yesterday who told me his tale of woe.

They’ve got agency and temp staff in the warehouse and driving who have been given little or no training who sometimes don’t turn up again after lunch and they’ve not been able to replace them, on top of that he believes that they don’t have a mechanism in place to stop taking on Work however busy they are, they don’t want to upset their clients (who are the shops and not customers) so however busy they prioritise pick-ups over deliveries so stuff tends to get stuck in their distribution centres for days. We ordered something (£10ks worth) for ‘next day’ on the 20th and apprently there was zero chance it was going to be next day, they were already days behind and we we’re unlucky because our supplier was small, they unofficially prioritise the larger retailers.

Could have all been the ranting of an over-worked, under paid driver.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Well I just found some hilarious coordinates for our bedroom.

😀

singletrackmind

My brother ordered a 10Kg bucket of Golden Syrup online . The delivery was specified to be at a time when he was working away . No problem , he has an outside bin store , which , funnily enough is where the wheely bins are stored.

So he notates the delivery instructions with ‘ leave inside bin store’
    yep, you know exactly where this tale is going, its like watching a granny walk down an icy pavement with a tesco bag full of oranges.

The 10kg bucket of golden syrup ends up in the re-cyling bin. And itd bin day , and the bun men have not been, and the wheely bin is full of recyling.

So , somewhere in the north of england there is a recycling plant with 10kg of golden syrup all over th machinery , the converyor belts, the arms that move metal off the conveyor belts. The paper is stuck to the machinery and caught in all the wrong places and probably about to catch fire

The DPD guy faked the signiture as well on the delivery note, which as pointless.

Drac

Bit of a sticky end.

redmex
    Free Member

Dpd are good for me but amazon logistics whoever they are
    Usually an estate car or old white van
    I have prime 3 days off with lurgy and the usual email we tried to deliver but no knock or calling card just pish lies
    Took 7 days to get my parcel and an extra months prime chucked in

simmy
    Free Member

DPD have different levels of employment including self employed on their Lite franchise. These drivers tend to have a small Transit Connect instead of a Sprinter.

I’ve always found them to be the best, but recently they just seem pushed to the limit.

Not because I’ve ordered anything recently but the way they are screwing the vans around. Saw one parked in a sprinter yesterday so far at the end of a street it looked like he was waiting to come out the junction until I realised there was no driver in it. Another Transit Connect turned Right instead of Left on a One Way section just to avoid an extra 10 seconds going round a roundabout.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘"I wasn't in" for a DPD delivery and get a picture of a random house…’ is closed to new replies.