Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • I think the latest mag is the bestest ever !!!!!
  • oldfart

So stop complaining you lot !!!!! 😀
    Good work Chipps and co .(I especially like the feature on the Quantocks 8)

Vortexracing

well said

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

[unnecessary crudeness removed – Mod]
    ST have long forgotten about ad to content percentage promises, Mark likes to upset customers, & chipps is a grumpy git.

I'm sure the mag is great though 😉

metalheart
    Free Member

Personally I think that all mags at this time of year are pretty crap and full of filler.

A product of the lethargy of winter coupled with nothing much happening in the industry at large.

Its unrealistic to expect a brilliant edition every time. There are always going to be things I personally am just not that interested in. But others will probably be.

ST is the only mag I generally always get regardless (also pick up MBA for a different perspective and some pictures of places that I'd love to ride…)

In ST's defence it is always better written filler… :mrgreen:

Jamie
    Free Member

Someone is fishing for a free subscription.

geoffj

2unfit – old fart is in the Quantock feature!

oldfart

Oh yeah that kinda slipped my mind ! 😀

judderman
    Free Member

So stop complaining you lot !!!!!
    Good work Chipps and co .(I especially like the feature on the Quantocks

+1

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I even liked ferrentino this month……

Andy

🙄

epicsteve
    Free Member

I read the mag earlier and, while not completely awful, it's certainly the weakest one that I can remember. Two of the main articles (Jamaica and the Hotel ones) I didn't even finish reading. I think the Jamaica one might be the most pointless STW article that I can remember – it's only at the end of the 3rd page that mountain biking starts to get mentioned, and up to them it's all about how the trip from the UK was. It reads like a schoolkids diary…

For the first (and hopefully last!) time I actually found I got more out of MBUK this month (and I don't just mean the free socks).

I'm sure it's just a temporary blip though, and I'll still continue to buy STW without having a look at the content first (it's the only mag I do that with).

hh45
    Free Member

The Jamaica article was quite long but fully relevant IMO – just cos its about poor kids on decades old shopping bikes the point is they're all loving it, everyone turns up, cycling is still cycling and is nearly always a good thing.

Ferentinos article was excellent but they normally are once you get past the intro rigmarole his writing style involves.

Worst bit was the bike tests and handle bar tests. I thought I could read any bike test but that stuff and bars are the least exciting part of any bike i reckon. Even stems are more interesting. Just!

The Minx interview could have had a bit more friday afternoon content I thought.

Overall, alright really. I've got every edition back to 5 and no way has the quality fallen. IMO.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I bought it for he first time and thought it was great actually, so I'll be buying it again. As for mbuk – I'd rather read the wifes trashy gossip mags!

epicsteve
    Free Member

As for mbuk – I'd rather read the wifes trashy gossip mags!

Usually I'd agree, however there were a couple of decent articles in it this month and even some of the reviews were interesting. I'm sure things will be back to normal next month though…

Ed2001
    Free Member

imo It's been going downhill for quite a bit. This issue however is particularly devoid of anything worth reading.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I feel that the hotel write up was very good and with alot of valid points

Not a bad issue but not the best one either the pics of the Quantocks were a bit poor and that poor chap in the bottom of the stream did not deserve the ridicule especially as he is a riding legend in the Quantocks

jedi

i haven't bought a mtb mag for yonks. will go buy this months to check what the fuss is about.

knottie8
    Free Member

saladdodger = chap in ditch.

yetiguy
    Free Member

I think the latest mag is the bestest ever !!!!!

Must be P!$$ed, seriously considering canceling my subs, will see what the next one is like.

Hate feeling cheated !

Coasting
    Free Member

Actually i recon the mag could do regular features on some of the people hanging around this forum,there certainly are some colourfull characters who do and know a lot about the rides and local scene.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

It surprises me how many regulars on this forum profess not to buy the mag…..

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘I think the latest mag is the bestest ever !!!!!’ is closed to new replies.