• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by LHS.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I reversed my car into a tree today with my bike on the back of the car
  • Dancake
    Free Member

Just thought I would share that. Still went out though after straightening the wheel. Bombers took most of the impact. Might be a bit twisted but they will survive 🙂

The car has a smashed rear screen and a few dents

I am a poo head

trickydisco
    Free Member

😀

Dancake
    Free Member

this is all I have

rustler
    Free Member

How ? I mean, must have been a good smack to bust the screen…

Dancake
    Free Member

not really. Bike rack rests on the screen 🙁

well it did.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That has a look of the write offs about it.

hh45
    Free Member

Thats really bad (luck), I feel for you. hope you get it all fixed without too much cost.

tonyg2003

I’d read your policy very very carefully before claiming. It’s not unknown for insurance companies to get picky about claims for things like this.

Drac

How ? I mean, must have been a good smack to bust the screen…

No a sharp tap in the right place and they just pop, it’s a rear screen.

chopper666
    Free Member

multipla? i got one recently and got a tow bar mounted rack – i thought from reading on fiat forum that racks hanging off the back door were not suitable? could be wrong.
    However bad luck mate.

McHamish
    Free Member

Have you considered buying a more manageable smaller car and letting your wife drive the big one? 😛

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That has a look of the write offs about it.

Eh????

It’s a back window and a new bit of trim round the brake light. There might be a slight ding in the window surround but a bit of filler will sort that.

If you’re not bothereed about the cosmetics, a new window will sort it. 🙂

LHS
    Free Member

I did this once, can’t see the pictures but all I did was drive to the local scrap dealer who had a spare boot (luckily in the same colour) and just swopped the boots over there. Job done.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I reversed my car into a tree today with my bike on the back of the car’ is closed to new replies.