Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I just couldn't bring myself to do it (emotional attachment content)
  • Kryton57

So I typed out the advert for my FS, in minute detail. I spent a lot of time making sure everything was correctly spelled too. I left the add on screen, came backed to it a few minutes later to ensure its perfect.

But I couldn’t press the “post” button. 🙁

How do we get so attached to lumps of metal, rubber and plastic?

craigxxl
    Free Member

I have a garage full of items I can’t part with. When I have in the past it has only lead to regret afterwards.

aa
    Free Member

I’m the same.
    I have an emotional attachment to all 3 of my bikes. I want to sell two and buy a nice.bike that will suit the riding I am doing now, and will be doing for the next 5 years or so.
    Problem is, I cant let go, and I i did, id have to somehow vet the buyer to ensure the were suitable owners…..

ahwiles
    Free Member

i confess i was relieved when the advert for my Dh bike recieved no attention.

i never use it, but it’s bloody brilliant.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do you get like this with everything? You place must be full of stuff you can’t shift.
    If you can’t get shot, how’s ya gonna buy yer new un’? Eh??

Kryton57

A) No

B) Want to buy a BMW 330i? 😥

butcher

It’s N+1. Not (N-1)+1. Keep it. You just need to learn to save harder.

Simon

I will happily sell most stuff when I no longer use it but I’ve got a Prophet frame hanging in the cellar that I just can’t bring myself let go.

tinybits
    Free Member

Probably because it’s only worth about £50. Tell you what, as a nice bloke I’ll give you £67.34 and a kiss.

Wally

I’m purging at the mo – two bikes on sale. They are only material goods – it’s the adventure I will remember and hope to have more on their replacements. However, I do regret selling one bike of about 8!, a certain 853 sky blue Dialled Bikes Prince Albert 1 of only 100- I marked 2000 papers to save up for it (2 months of night work) and sold it for peanuts. It was a great frame. Boo hoo….

Kryton57

butcher – Member
    It’s N+1. Not (N-1)+1. Keep it. You just need to learn to save harder.

Agreed. I’ll wait until my wife has erased her memory of my new road wheels that are sitting in the hallway until I tell her.

binners

I’ve done the same. Got an Intense 5.5 that I hardly ever ride. But I bloody love that bike. Was my only bike at a very difficult time in my life. In fact: pretty much my only possession. And it kept me sane,

I’ve taken the photos, and written the advert, to sell it in 2 occasions but, like you, just couldn’t quite press ‘post’
    I even had someone make me a very good offer for it, but I just can’t bring myself to part with it! Made up some half-arsed excuses to myself to justify it

passtherizla
    Free Member

I actually posted the ad, and got grumpy when it didn’t sell, then I rode it for it’s intended purpose and was very happy that it didn’t sell… Bought new bike and now I love them all.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I had a very strong bond with a Titus Motolite a few years back, imported the frame direct from the states and built it exactly how i wanted it, it was my redundancy prezzie to myself, My Dream bike … But didn’t get time to ride it much as kids and life, new job got in the way, sold it through ebay … guy collected it said he cant wait to ride it etc ! … the following week it was in parts on ebay … totally gutted was an understatement ! … i almost cried ……. never again !
    Still miss it 🙁

Kryton57

I just had the N+1 conversation with my wife. For the life of me I can’t get her to understand how geometry and 29″ wheels will make me £3000 faster.

What I need now is a simplistic Jamie diagram to show her.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I just couldn't bring myself to do it (emotional attachment content)’ is closed to new replies.