Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I have to buy a new shed. Where? (and it has to be painted…by ME!)
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, I could build one myself as I have the kit and skillz but I just don’t have the time (nor tbh, the inclination to get plans and source the whole thing from raw materials). A certain amount of self-assembly is just fine thanks so it doesn’t necessarily have to come as six or seven panels to screw together.

Time for the old shed to go to shed heaven where it can spend an eternity listening to Shed Seven records. So I need a new one. It will just be used for storing garden furniture, bits and pieces for the garden, the lawnmower, strimmer – nothing valuable, bike storage is taken care of for now. Security (other than a padlock) isn’t really an issue.

Also, not keen on those “brown” treated ones and would like to paint it instead (well, I’m not massively bothered but y’know…). Is it best to buy a pressure-treated one and paint it straight away?

EDIT: It will be 6 x 4ish, maybe 6 x 6.
    Buyers’ experiences and recommendations please? Cheers.

timbur
    Free Member

Tiger sheds

bigyinn
    Free Member

Also interested in this, as will be in the market for one, although
    12′ x 8′ is what im after…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

12′ x 8′

I wish… 😀

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got a Walton 6*4. 5 years old and no signs of rotting.

Flat pack. I put it together in an hour or so with a power driver and my wife to hold things.

It came pressure treated but we painted it. First with some expensive Farrow and Ball stuff, and when that fell off we did it again with some proper paint.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

some expensive Farrow and Ball stuff, and when that fell off we did it again with some proper paint.

😆

djflexure

I used malvern Timber Framed Buildings
    Excellent to deal with and great price.

http://www.malverntimberframedbuildings.co.uk

nixie

Sod painting it, get a metal one. There are some really nice ones around that are built like modular containers. Arrive flat pack and can be carried by 1/2 people per section and bolted together. Not the cheapest option though!

edhornby

dunno if you’re NW based but I got mine from

http://www.hartstimber.co.uk/

really good, came treated but can easily be painted over

(+1 on never using Farrow and Ball, what sh1te)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not the cheapest option though!

Unfortunately, this is a major consideration as the new shed wasn’t part of the garden budget originally. Only when emptying shite out of the old one did we discover quite how knackered it was. 😡

porlus
    Free Member

Just painted our new shed. Exterior with 3 coats of cuprinol ducksback. Goes on really nice. Interior with 2 coats of cuprinol garden shades.

crankboy
    Free Member

Tiger Sheds .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I have to buy a new shed. Where? (and it has to be painted…by ME!)’ is closed to new replies.