Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I have a decision to make, wheelie.
  • barca
    Free Member

I'm not normally a faffer when it comes to making a descision but this has got me well and truly on my back foot.

I have £250 (possibly £300) to spend on some new wheels BUT, not only can I not decide what wheels to buy, I can't decide road or mountain bike.

The two bikes in question (one of each) get ridden similar hours although the road bike does more miles and both bikes have adequate if not blingingly good wheels at the mo'. I realise £250 – £300 isn't going to get me Chris King MTB wheels or Fulcrum Racing Zero's but still, it's not pocket money (for me, at least).

Anybody care to recommend which bike and indeed what wheels? The road bike is Campag by the way. Mountain bike is used in and around the Peak District extensivley, has been known to get off the ground on occasion but flying is not my preferred method of travel. Light weight is always good but continous repair bills are not. Second hand is viable as well if somebody knows of some wheels that depreciate regularly.

Thanks. I'm very confused.

spooky_b329

mtb wheels 🙂

I've bought Hope Hoops Stans 355 wheels, you'll get change from £300 which means you can go tubeless if you buy a couple of valves, yellow tape and sealant 🙂 I can't remember the weight of the wheels but they compare favourably against the other tubeless set ups (much lighter than my gf's XT UST wheelset), plus the rim itself is very light, which is the best place to save weight. Oh, and you get spare spokes as well…normal ones which means repairs are easy and cheap 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘I have a decision to make, wheelie.’ is closed to new replies.