Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hyundai i10. Any good reason not to buy one?
  • MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Wifey’s 14 year old Micra is looking like it’s heading for an expensive MoT this year and we’ve been offered a very generous px deal on a new i10 (the outgoing model). Previously we’ve spent £2000ish on 5 to 7 year old small cars that have given us 4-6 years use before being changed, but this time wifey has decided that just once in her life she’d like a brand new car and as she’s never stopped me buying bikes I’m not going to try and talk her out of it.
    The i10 feels a bit quicker and has more space inside than the Micra and according to owner’s reports on Fuelly returns about the same mpg figures. So, what’s not to like? Or do any of you know of anything else we should check out before committing ourselves?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Mrs. S had the first incarnation, bought new in 2008.

It was ace. No problems at all. Very comfortable, quite roomy.

MoreCashThanDash

Only had them as hire cars, and found them disappointingly tinny – tinny, not tiny – as I’m a big fan of the i30. Probably fine as a run around on short journeys, didn’t. Like them for longer or motorway trips.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

A friend has one, and she fits 2 people and 2 bikes in it.
    Get it bought.

loddrik
    Free Member

Modern day Hyundai’s are great. I like the i20 but the i10 is up there with the best of the class. I’d also look at the VW UP too.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Good little cars worked on a few basic but very reliable and never gave my pal any issues

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

@MoreCashThanDash I did think that road noise was a little more evident than in the Micra but wifey’s answer to that wax to turn the stereo up. The 6 mile drive through the suburbs to work will be it’s primary use with occasional detours along the motorway for a faster but slightly longer option.

@Adam bikes normally go in my van but that’s certainly nice to know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hyundai i10. Any good reason not to buy one?’ is closed to new replies.