Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Husband of MS sufferer told 'quit work' for benefits
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

SBZ as someone from the world hot spot of MS I’m quite sad you don’t see the nasty nature of your posts.

Try interpreting them in an inquisitive way rather than a nasty way then. Leave your pre-conceptions out of it.

MrOvershoot

Sorry that’s just dug you even deeper into your trench!

SBZ I would understand your posts if that was just a picture of a woman from the shoulders up with no other qualifying stuff.

Although I’m sure she’s pretty media savvy and is a bit more vocal than people like my wife, it sometimes takes people like her to raise awareness of others plight.

On the flip side this woman has done very well for someone with Primary progressive MS if she was diagnosed with it in 1995!!
    In that I mean she still has the energy to do stuff as by now my wife is exhausted from the simple effort of brushing her teeth (this includes water and toothpaste everywhere and a change of tops)

IIRC Sheldon Brown had PPMS and only lived 3 or so years from diagnosis, I did have an email conversation with him for a few months about his MS but once it got really bad I told him to concentrate on his family.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus

Leave your pre-conceptions out of it.

That’s a very strange thing to say to someone after claiming that the woman in question : “Doesnt look to ill in that photo”

Or are just trolling/having a laugh ?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If she could exagerate even more maybe we could make her an honourary stw member?

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Leave your pre-conceptions out of it.

SBZ sometimes you say stuff that provoke debate and it is good and sometimes you make piers morgan look like a nice guy.
    This was not the thread for you to do your usual trolling and it was a pretty distasteful comment.
    It really is a shame there is no comment you wont make for attention – as for trying to play the victim card or acting like you are being picked on or misconstrued after that comment FFS like anyone will buy that

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It’s easy to play the troll card isnt it. How about you put some thought into it for a change rather than simply follow the pack mentality.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oh sorry my mistake your are not a troll …but that means you meant it, in which case you are a ****
    Sorry I said troll when , with thought, I meant ****

TBH i really dont understand why you troll then get all uppity when someone cries troll – there is nothing you wont do for attention is there

Pathetic – literally pathetic.

Let me remove the limelight from you which you crave so much

No idea why you do this…do you know?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Sadly he’s not alone… The poor have become the new jewry.

LapSteel
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA9t61PuiDc[/video]

Lifer
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member
    How about you put some thought into it for a change

You should have put some thought into how that comment comes across. To me it’s cleary insinuating that she’s faking/embellishing.

MrOvershoot

TBH Junkyard I didn’t take any offence from the remark, after some of the looks we’ve had going into places with her wheelchair you very quickly loose any sense of being put out.

I know SBZ likes to provoke a reaction and sometimes you get the feeling whatever you post up their reply will be typed without reading anyone elses posts, which is why I didn’t say I was upset only sad he needed to use a cheap shot.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

FFS – get the chips off your shoulders. It makes me wonder if many of you have ever seen someone who is severely debilitated through MS, as is unable to walk, or talk, or control their muscles in any meaningful way. If you have then you’d realise that in the picture in the article she doesn’t “look” “ill”. That is not saying that she isnt ill. Look at other articles about her and you’ll see pictures where she does look ill, but not as ill as some people who have had the same condition for a far shorter period of time.

I work with MS patients who are in far worse condition than she appears to be.

Lifer
    Free Member

FFS – get the chips off your shoulders

Really?

It makes me wonder if many of you have ever seen someone who is severely debilitated through MS, as is unable to walk, or talk, or control their muscles in any meaningful way

Did you not read what I said? Surely you are aware that RRMS is the most common type?

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms/types-of-ms/relapsing-remitting-rrms

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Eh?

KennySenior
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If you have then you’d realise that in the picture in the article she doesn’t “look” “ill”. That is not saying that she isnt ill.

So why the **** say it then ?

She has MS, that’s all you need to know. Whether this photo does her justice is irrelevant.

The article isn’t about her entering a competition to see who’s got the worse MS you know.
    So I don’t know why you think that comment is necessary.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

MS goes through the whole spectrum of outcomes, impairment levels and routes. For some MS gives them very little bother, some are pretty much gubbed instantly. Saying that she has MS is hardly a pinpoint indicator of her quality of life.

Is it too much to wonder about how her MS effects her before making a judgement on a brief story in the media?

Think about your response.

MrOvershoot

I’m married to someone with MS who sometimes appears to be in a far worse condition than the lady in the picture, but that means nothing as if she has Primary progressive then she could get much worse very quickly.

I’m still not sure what your trying to prove with your line of posts

EDIT

I started my post before you replied but got sidetracked by work!

You have sort of said the same as me about the huge range of MS suffering, As I have said before for someone with PPMS she’s doing well if she was diagnosed in 1995 & appears not to have suffered much cognative decline.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

she [u]could[/i][/u] get much worse very quickly.?

Merely pointing out that where MS is concerned there are no definite timescales to anything.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You have sort of said the same as me about the huge range of MS suffering, As I have said before for someone with PPMS she’s doing well if she was diagnosed in 1995 & appears not to have suffered much cognative decline.

Seems to be doing very well, which is nice to see. It’s a horrible illness for both those who suffer it and those who care for them.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Husband of MS sufferer told 'quit work' for benefits’ is closed to new replies.