Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hubs
  • frogger
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a rear hub on par with Hope Pro 2’s that doesn’t have the loud clicking pawls?

z1ppy

I imagine that’s a pretty resounding no then…

Not an easy task to be honest, decent price (compared to the like of CK), able to take all the axle standards & complete rebuildable.

FFS stop talking like a whimp about the noise they make, and get used to it like everyone else has, surely all your riding buddies must already have a set in use – so it’s not like you going to escape it!
    😉

Personnally I now find it weird to use my Hope XC or Bulb hubs as they are so silent compared to my Pro II.

resisted
    Free Member

XTR? Halo Supadrive?

PJM1974
    Free Member

The only alternative I can think of would be a Bulb, but they’ve been out of production since 2005 and weigh 100g more than the ProII.

I’ve used Formula and Sunn Ringle hubs and I don’t think that the ProII is significantly louder than either. It does have the positive effect of giving meandering pedestrians plenty of warning that you’re on the road on my commutes.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Slap plenty of grease in the ratchet – that normally quietens them down a bit.

frogger
    Free Member

I sold my CK hubs cuase they drove me insane!

I have Specialized Roval (think they are rebadged DT Swiss) on my Enduro which are nice and quiet but I don’t know if they are available separately.

Will look into XTR for sure.

Junkyard
    Free Member

XTR
    Hadley – used to be are they still?
    XT
    DT swiss – not cheap
    Possibly Goldtech but not sure on this /the ones BTED sell
    That is about it I hate the **** thing even my XC seems noisy compared to the others i have/use

frogger
    Free Member

Just looked at my Enduro and I recon they could be DT Swiss 340 or 370’s. The 340’s are the same price (more or less) than a set of Hope Pro 2’s and around the same weight so might go for them instead.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think servicing DT hubs is a hassle.

I’d look for a second hand Hope XC or Bulb, there must be some kicknig about on ebay and they last forever.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hubs’ is closed to new replies.