Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Howgills – Best route
  • bland

I have rode from longdale (At the north) up to the calf, then descended down to Sedbergh on a pretty rubbish grassy track, rode around Birkhaw Farm i think, back up to the calf and then down Bowerdale beck.

Amazing second descent and worth doing the ride for, however the first descent down to Sedbergh was rubbish and a waste of height so is there anything better, and whats the easiest most rideable route back up?

Alternatively if you have any better routes that would be great.

martinhutch

Bowderdale Classic

This is the standard route from Sedbergh – just about as rideable as it can be up from Sedbergh ie still involving a carry/push. Everything is just built around getting you up to the Bowderdale singletrack.

postierich
    Free Member

They are covered in snow @ the mo so the going will be soft!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

That ^.

I can’t even start to imagine why you’d want to ride up Bowderdale to the Calf and then do that grassy descent (its actually a climb 😉 ) into Sedburgh.

Route above not only includes Bowderdale in the right direction but theres some cracking bits of trail on the Seburgh return leg… Lots and lots of fast rolling BW.

failedengineer

What a good example of the different opinions one gets on here. I think that the descent from the Calf to Sedbergh is scary fast and jolly good fun. So there. Also, I heartily dislike the Bowderdale descent (except the very first bit). I’ll get my coat.

bland

Cheers guys, that looks a better route. The only time i have done it we started in Langdale and did a bog marh up to the calf, down some grassy hill to sedbergh, around to the climb back up it shows and then down bowderdale. Going up that thing twice is a be atch!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Howgills – Best route’ is closed to new replies.