Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ……How to store wheel sets in basement storage room ???
  • jeb

Hello

i have in the basement a small room, about 2 meters x 4 meters …..

But i have 4 bikes and about 25 wheels lying in there !

1. i was thinking of hanging, all the wheel somehow from the ceiling, so please chip in how to do that. The ceiling is a bit porous… -and cheapest possible!

2. some kind of mounting, to put some of the bikes on the wall…

Thanks

mattyfez

Some kindo shower or curtain rail screwed to the ceiling? Or lots of hooks? Presumably you can locatew a strut or something to screw stuff into?

benp1

Long rail and then lots of hooks. It’s all out the way and then they’ll slide up when you want to get one out

Or sell some? Why do you nee so many?

RustyMac

25 wheels, twenty five. Sell some wheels.

Rail + Shower curtain hooks/carabiner clips + rope/string/twine round pairs of wheels.

andyl
    Free Member

is it damp down there? I would be worried about nipple corrosion as with that may they wont be coming out often. Vacuum storage bags with handles hanging off hooks.

Northwind

You have 3 times more spare wheels than me and I have 4 times more spare wheels than I need. Do you really want to store them all?

Very simple option is hooks on the walls and a rope between them. This is a pain in the arse to access individual wheels but, how often do you want to do that?

maccruiskeen

1. i was thinking of hanging, all the wheel somehow from the ceiling, so please chip in how to do that. The ceiling is a bit porous… -and cheapest possible!
    2. some kind of mounting, to put some of the bikes on the wall…

3. Hope that someone stages some sort of intervention.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘……How to store wheel sets in basement storage room ???’ is closed to new replies.