Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How to run Crossrides tubeless?
  • julioflo
    Free Member

I'm after a new set of wheels and fancy finally switching from cup and cone to sealed bearings.
    Before I part with £260 odd quid for a set of Pro 2 and Stans 355's, just wandering for approx £100 less, how easy and succesful is it to run Mavic Cross rides tubeless?
    Also what other options have I as hubs for Stan's Rims?

allankelly

hi, my "yes you can" site:
    http://www.tubelesswheels.com

Crossrides are very successful in tubeless guise. I've ridden countless puncture-free miles, Strathpuffer, 10 Under the Ben etc etc on mine. Currently they've still got the Schwalbe Snow Studs on from January (I'm lazy) and they're still hard without being re-inflated.

Recipe: BMX inner tube, Stanley knife, CO2 cheap from tyreinflators.co.uk, Stan's fluid. And off you go.

Cheers, al.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I struggled to get tubeless to stay inflated for any length of time on a pair of crossrides I had a while back. They persistently went flat overnight, when I'd had the same tyres running tubless on a set of WTB rims, so it wasn't the tyres. They're pinned rather than welded rims which I think can cause problems.

Have a look on Justridingalong or search for stans or joes no flats conversions.

Stans 355 will be a lot lighter than crossrides and Hope hubs are better, so its not just the extra ton for ease of tubelessness!

timbercombe
    Free Member

I got mine to work fine with high rollers and ghetto tubeless.

BenjiM

No problems with crossrides going tubeless on High Rollers, Racing Ralphs and Continental Edges. Used both ghetto BMX tube method and Stans rim strips. We have a compressor in the garage so that helps hugely.

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Stans rimstrips and standard Nobby Nics, took a few days/rides to stay inflated, but fine now.

soobalias
    Free Member

crossrides – i had a nightmare ghetto tubeless although i never went the route of CO2 or a compressor.
    do a search on here about the freehub bushing, replacement spokes…..

imp999
    Free Member

If they are 19mm rims, as I believe, then you could probably use Bontrager rim strips and valves.
    I've used these successfuly on Bonti rims(obviuosly) and WTB Lazerlite Trail.
    Very easy and the strip shape helps support the bead.

allankelly

The way they're made (pinned/welded/whatever) is irrelevant, it's the innertube + tyre + fluid that makes the seal. Turn the tyre inside-out for half an hour before fitting to push the bead onto the rim, and keep'em at 40 PSI for a while.

al.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How to run Crossrides tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.