Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How to eat a banana
  • iolo
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng[/video]

It works well.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Nothing like as sexy as I was hoping for 🙁

saxabar
    Free Member

😀 It really does too. Pre-pizza banana. Nice!

scaredypants

not as much fun as the flick 🙁

Drac

How the hell do you struggle to open a Banana and have to use your teeth?

iolo
    Free Member

I did wonder that Drac

Edukator
    Free Member

Why peel it?
    Oops

Drac

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pISfyhnZBE[/video]

Oh you edited your post.

Edukator
    Free Member

Sorry, I posted the wrong vid so deleted. The right vid was probably too wrong for the forum so I’ll bow out with some europop:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsqLi9LfiwM[/video]

racefaceec90

certain ladies in bangkok do it a bit different (from what henry rollins was saying in one of his spoken word videos on youtube 😉

andyl
    Free Member

i prefer doing it differently.

find place you index and middle fingers on one of the lengthways ridges half way along. Dig in your nails to get a grip on the skin and peel it open from the middle. Saves getting a squishy end and is how some monkeys do it.

mikey74
    Free Member

certain ladies in bangkok do it a bit different (from what henry rollins was saying in one of his spoken word videos on youtube

I was at his spoken word show in London where he told that story. Funny man.

DrP

I was at a Bangkok show like ‘that’. Had a bit of banana fired at me -it hit my back pack… My mate (who was drunk) picked it up and threw it back at her…
    Not sure that was the idea, but made me laugh!

I kept the bag for years – stain and all!

DrP

Euro
    Free Member

There was no eating in that vid!!!

I watch a programme a good few years ago which showed primates actually eating the things. I’ve since adopted their technique and bananas are so much nicer (not so much in taste but texture). Eat them in the traditional human way goes against the grain, so to speak – eat them sideways for the ultimate in nana nirvana.

Drac

Don’t they just rip them open in various ways, I can’t see them doing a uniformed approach to it. Never mind how it can make the slightest difference on texture.

Euro
    Free Member

Never mind how it can make the slightest difference on texture.

Step 1: Try it

Step 2: Answer your own question 😀

Everyone i have shown this to now eats their nanas this way. It’s the future.

Drac

I’ve split them sideways before and it’s made no difference.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But have you tried to put them into your mouth sideways ? That should make a difference.

Drac

I’d be on stage if I could do that.

bruneep

How to eat a banana

That vid merely shows me how to peel a banana, not how to eat one.

What now that I have one peeled?

Euro
    Free Member

Just like wood has a grain, so does a banana, whether you can tell the difference in texture/taste is a another matter.

This little guy has the right idea.

iolo
    Free Member

@bruneep ,As euro stated a few posts back.
    Thanks.

bruneep

well thats what happens when you stand looking at a peeled banana wondering what to do next 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

OP,

Monkey don’t peel banana that way if you observe them carefully. This is because they have no time for slow peeling rather they would break the banana skin as fast as they can in whatever ways, then stuff them into their cheek pouch as quickly as possible.

However, the video is showing another method of peeling but if you like eat from “bottom” up …

😀

Edit: eating from bottom up you will eat the “hard pointed” bit at the tip first which in some bananas we simply don’t eat.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYvJWj5QQuc[/video]

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How to eat a banana’ is closed to new replies.