Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • How old were you when you had your first kid?
  • gixer.john
    Free Member

Mr Gixer is running a couple of days late in delivering Gixer Jnr, she was due on the 4th.
    Just wondering how old STW’ers were whn they had their first nippers?

Seems that quite a lot of people are waiting till they are a wee bit older, i’m 46 and this will be my first – although Mrs Gixer is quite a bit younger than me.

bruneep

Ho ho! You’ll 60 when jnr hits the teenage years, good luck with that. 😉

Hope all goes well with birth.

nickhart
    Free Member

Thirty here, makes it easy to remember how old the first one is! Good luck with it to you and mrs gixer

jota180
    Free Member

30, the missus was 21

Until you’d mentioned that nickhart, I’d never even thought of it – good work

53 now, I can’t imagine going into my 50s still looking after very young kids

smoothchicken

34 with my first, just had our third at 41, with three girls my fifties are going to be hellish, must make a start on that ensuite for the man cave…. 🙂

boxelder

35 here. Last one @ 41.
    All good – congrats (on younger mrs….)

Harry_the_Spider

39 & 41 for mine. Wife was 35 & 37.

I’m quite a young 43 year old so it isn’t too bad. I’m sure that some of my peers would expire under the work load though. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I haven’t had one of my own yet.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

31. He’s 5 months old now 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

39 here. She is enough work to ensure there won’t be a sibling!

We don’t understand when it is that parents will say ‘You know what, dear. I think we’ve got too much time on our hands – let’s have another child.’

paulosoxo
    Free Member

26 here.

Bear
    Free Member

28 and 30 for my two.

Keva
    Free Member

43 and no kids thankfully. My brother had his sixth one when he was 40.

Scamper
    Free Member

39 for me although the missus was 32.

totalshell

day before my 40th birthday last 6 years later mrs wants me to have the gardening shear thing now (49) but i reckon i’m better off good to go just in case ( in case of what i dont know but i’d like my shoes on just in case)

Matt24k
    Free Member

46 here and no kids by choice. The longer we left it, the less appealing it seemed and there are already far too many people in the world.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I was 32 the Mrs was 23 for the first after a 3 year gap the 2nd came along.

kerv
    Free Member

45 here (mrs was 32), he’s three now with a two year old brother!

boxelder

I don’t think 2 are much more bother than 1 after the first couple of months and they help to entertain each. The shift from man-to-man, to zonal marking when you have 3+ is a different story!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I was 24.

Stoner
    Free Member

31 & 33. Handy age IMO.
    Once I’ve got rid of the blighters at 18 my darlings have flown the nest at 18, I’ll still have some oomph in my legs to do that end-to-end walk of Norway that I have planned, among other things 🙂

Mrs S was 38 & 40, but she’s got less mileage than me so still looks showroom 🙂

Blackhound

I was 25 and the ex Mrs B would have been 23 I think. That daughter was 27 last week and I am still not a grand-dad so a minor result there.

aP
    Free Member

Maybe in 30 years time.

Murray

41 and the Mrs was 40. Number 2 18 months later. Lots of fun but hard work!

large418
    Free Member

22,24 and 26 for my three. Now the youngest is 19 and all are independant (1 even financially!) it’s great. The Mrs and I do disagree on how much rent to charge them though (£10 vs £500 per month)

Stoner
    Free Member

The Mrs and I do disagree on how much rent to charge them though (£10 vs £500 per month)

80% of net income. Toughen them up for the harsh realities of the wider world 😉

M6TTF
    Free Member

33 for first and 38 for recent arrival

TuckerUK
    Free Member

21 for my first. 46 now, youngest is 12.

anagallis_arvensis

37 mrs was 38. 18 months in and no thoughts og another as yet.

djglover
    Free Member

32, first and last (twins)

Hopefully they will be self sufficient by the time I retire…

DezB
    Free Member

Me 40, wife 36, kid 0
    I wasn’t mature enough until then, maybe still not!

transapp
    Free Member

35 and 2 days for number one, and I’ll be 37 for number 2.
    Sometimes I feel I left it too late, but then I remember what I was like 10 years younger… No way could I have looked after a nipper!

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

24 and 26. Missus was the same.

Quite happy cos I was blesses with two boys who both want to come riding with daddy!

Hurrah!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Another 30 here.

Hopefully they will be self sufficient by the time I retire…

I can’t imagine going into my 50s still looking after very young kids

Hey, it’s fine if you get paid for it 😉

simonm
    Free Member

Glad to see there are quite a few “older” dads around. I was 37 for 1st and 40 for second and have been getting a bit worried (I know post event) on being an old Dad, but knowing I’m not unique is nice to know.

We never wanted kids but things happend in the familey that changed our prespective. In retrospect it would have been nice to have them late 20’s / early 30’s but we had no money then, and wife went back to collage, now she can earn in two days what she used to earn in five so that gives us some finacial flexibilty / child care advantages.

loddrik
    Free Member

33 & 37, wife was 27 & 31, glad we didn’t have them any younger though.

The wife would have another, but am 39 now and am only just able to see opportunities to get out riding regularly again so there’s no way in hell I’m gonna agree to another. It was when the second one came along that my riding opportunities nigh on dried up.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

31 here, 4 years ago and it had taken 4 years to get there.
    Number 2 due in august (Now 35) This one only took 2 years to achieve.

No way are we having any more. 6 years of fertility treatment in total. Stuff that for a laugh. Good job they’re worth it 🙂

simonm
    Free Member

It was when the second one came along that my riding opportunities nigh on dried up.

Tell me about it. I still manage at night on Wednesdays, then work in taking the kids in the trailer etc to get out. But daylight rides are few and far between.

Dancake
    Free Member

Wife and I both 33. One gorgeous boy. Will not have another

When you have no Children, well meaning friends and family ask “Are we going to hear the patter of tiny feet soon?”

When you have one child you get “Come on then when is the next one coming along?”

My wife’s mate actually told us we were being cruel to our child by not offering him a Sibling to play with which I found rather odd.

SaxonRider

26 for the first.

39 for the last.

A few in between.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘How old were you when you had your first kid?’ is closed to new replies.