Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How often do you…..squirt?
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Been using squirt chain lube, just wondering how often people are re-applying?

How do you know when it needs more?

Cheers

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I really, really dare you to google that question… 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

For any lube – when it sounds liek it needs it.

wonnyj
    Free Member

A do a little squirt after every ride.

Basically I'll let any moisture on the chain dry off, then I rub it down with a cloth to get rid of any crud, knock off any dirt from the rest of the gears, and then just put a little bit of squirt on.

Really satisfying.

foxyrider
    Free Member

A do a little squirt after every ride.

Yup – Long ride = decent squirt afterwards or after a bike clean – if short blast or commute then maybe every other ride 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

Wot cynical said.

Xylene
    Free Member

Tried Squirt, don't really rate it that much

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

When i can be bothered to clean my bike. So this time of year never, and in the winter most rides.

13thfloormonk

Every 50km or so on a really wet two week camping trip. I think the constant dampness didn't help, the bike would be getting wet overnight which might have been slowly washing it off the chain.

On the road bike its been lasting much longer.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Oh. I think I've been over applying. That'll explain why my free sample lasted for such a short time.

Anyway, thought it was good enough to give the full paid for version a go. Will reduce application frequency.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

when it sounds dry and creaky. and with this dry weather that has been a lot of rides

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How often do you…..squirt?’ is closed to new replies.