Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How Not To Interview Someone…
  • Jamie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY92TV4_Wc0[/video]

boxfish
    Free Member

Stupid, stupid interviewer.

Northwind

I like his style, he’s so innocent and good natured and respectful about destroying her. Still calling her “ma’am” while he steps on her head.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    br
    Free Member

I like his style, he’s so innocent and good natured about destroying her.

Wasted though, he’s on Fox News so it’s not like anyone watching is actually paying attention and/or understands anything other than ‘a muslim wrote a book about Jesus’.

csb

Putting aside the daft interviewer, how objective can someone be about other faiths when they subscribe to one of the alternatives? I respect his academic credentials but can’t help but think his faith must cloud his judgement.

scotroutes

mogrim

Putting aside the daft interviewer, how objective can someone be about other faiths when they subscribe to one of the alternatives? I respect his academic credentials but can’t help but think his faith must cloud his judgement.

You could make the same criticism about pretty much any area of study – can a British historian talk about WWII, for example? By your argument, no – he can’t.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

can a British historian talk about WWII

By referencing facts, yes. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but belief religions are little short on facts.

boxfish
    Free Member

Certainly achieveable with a disciplined, academic attitude.

Jamie
    Free Member

…but belief religions are little short on facts.

That’s why Reza’s book is based on Jesus the man, rather than the more spiritual/resurrection/son o’ god side of the story.

I think it’s fairly well documented that there was a guy called Jesus who lived 2000 years ago, and had a bit of a run in with the Romans.

BigJohn

how objective can someone be about other faiths when they subscribe to one of the alternatives?

Well, according to some historians in their early days Jesus was a Jew and Mohammed was a Christian.

djglover
    Free Member

If only you had put religion in the thread title, you would already be on page 3 and running to 20 before being closed.

aracer
    Free Member

Back to the original subject – she had lots of pre-prepared questions and nowhere to go when the basis behind them all got kicked away in the first minute!

konabunny
    Free Member

how objective can someone be about other faiths when they subscribe to one of the alternatives?

What’s so hot about objectivity?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How Not To Interview Someone…’ is closed to new replies.