Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • How much does your full sus 29er weigh?
  • zippykona

Like it says.

rOcKeTdOg

nothing, i don’t have one :-)*

from *usefullposts.com

TooTall
    Free Member

Turner Sultan
    Sasquatch size (23″)
    Not built for weenyness
    30lbs all up inc pedals

bol

Niner RIP9, large, X0, reverb and crossmax wheels, 30lbs all up.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Standard Trek Superfly Large.
    Guess at 27ish lbs
    Cheers
    Steve

br
    Free Member

Guess at 27ish lbs

And I’m guessing its heavier 🙂

As with any weight discussion, if there isn’t a photo of it in scales then its not true and will be assumed to be heavier.

And lets include pedals lads?

robarnold
    Free Member

17.5 inch 2012 Rumblefish elite with hope/Stans wheels & 2×10 XT/XTR upgrade.

30lbs including XTR trail pedals and original chunky Bontrager tyres

njee20
    Free Member

Still struggling with sub-30lbs then!

I weighed a stock S-Works Epic at 23 virtually dead, with cheap resin pedals.

hugor
    Free Member

My large Niner RIP9 weighs 7.4 lbs at the moment.
    Don’t have any pics on the scales but I do have this one of it enjoying some rare Welsh sun!

matthew_h
    Free Member

XL Carbon Tallboy, mostly XTR (XT cassette), Flows, Reverb, Carbon bars, Conti tyres, 1×10 etc.

A smidge over 27lbs

rosscopeco
    Free Member

Cotis Solaris with RLT rebas, Rohloff, ZTR Crests with Racing Ralphs, Brooks Ti Saddle, time pedals & carbon bars / seat post….27.25lbs.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Superfly 100 AL Pro w/XT pedals, 28lb 4 oz (medium)
    Orange Gyro Pro, w/XT pedals, tyres switched to Bonty 29-1 2.2s, 29lb 15oz* (medium)

It’s only an ounce but it’s bloody well under!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Standard Trek Superfly Large. Guess at 27ish lbs

Not if it’s an AL one and you haven’t changed a lot of the spec.

Paceman
    Free Member

Large Tallboy C with XT, Crests, Hope X2, 120mm Rebas, Maxxis Beavers – 27.2lbs incl pedals.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Mates Anthem x 29er (2011) was a smidge over 26lbs stock before he attached all the crap on it like Garmin, dropper post etc

tlr

Tallboy. 23.8lbs.

I can think of perhaps another lb to come of it, but it would be expensive and might compromise rideability.

tk46hal
    Free Member

My Kona Hei Hei comes in at 29lb’s. I could drop a couple of pounds by changing the rims to Stans, but I already have a helium bike so I’ll stick with the strong Salsa ones!

Paceman
    Free Member

tlr

What’s the build in your Tallboy? Would love to get mine down close to 23lbs, is that incl pedals?

Andy

Large Turner Sultan 28 1/2 lbs

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Large transition bandit, 32lb on a good day.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

My 19″ carbon china I got yesterday is 23.2lb with pedals

Chainline
    Free Member

Custom Nicolai AM29 27.5 with pedals. 1×10. Chainguide and other beefy but light kit (which does mean yes it was not cheap)

Bream
    Free Member

Giant Anthem = 21.5lbs, not bad for a ally FS 3×9 setup.

Giant Anthem X 29er frame (L) with Fox Float RP23 Boostvalve
    Fox F29 FIT RLC forks, 15QR thru axle and tapered steerer, 100mm travel
    Giant FSA tapered headset
    XTR SIS gear cable set
    Shimano BB71 Press-Fit Bottom Bracket
    FSA K-Force Light XC Chainset MegaExo
    XTR pedals
    Thomson masterpiece seatpost
    Ritchey WCS Carbon Flat Bar
    Ritchey WCS 4Axis Matrix Stem
    Hope mono mini pro’s in Team Issue Green, Ti bolted
    X0 Twist grip changers
    X0 Rear mech with KCNC jockey wheels
    XTR front mech
    KMC SL chain
    160mm Ashima rotors, Ti bolted
    PG990 cassette
    American Classic hubs (15mm front, QR rear)
    DT Super Comp spokes
    Stans Crest rims
    Racing Ralphs 2.25s UST front and back
    Fizik Arione saddle

njee20
    Free Member

Seems dubious, those tyres weigh a ton for a start! Seem to remember that discussion before though!

FuzzyWuzzy

On who’s scales is that 21.5lbs? no chance…

Bream
    Free Member

How do you know its not what I say? What possible benefit in the world would I have to not tell the truth?

njee20
    Free Member

It’s the usual dubious bike weight question!

I’m sure you’ve hung it on some scales and they’ve said it’s 21.5lbs. However, I would contest the accuracy of those scales, not that you’re lying.

A friend had a better specced 26″ carbon Anthem at 24lbs!

Bream
    Free Member

Plus I don’t really see a ~550g 29er 2.25 RR as a ton of weight, but each to their own I guess.

Bream
    Free Member

I want to verify this then, don’t like being in the grey. I’ll borrow the scales again, weigh something to verify the accuracy, like a 10kg weight and then weigh my bike, plus my friends Superfly 100, and post the results & photos.

If I’m wrong then I’m wrong, likewise if I’m correct.

njee20
    Free Member

Plus I don’t really see a ~550g 29er 2.25 RR as a ton of weight, but each to their own I guess.

Not UST then are they…? They’re more like 800g.

I want to verify this then, don’t like being in the grey. I’ll borrow the scales again, weigh something to verify the accuracy, like a 10kg weight and then weigh my bike, plus my friends Superfly 100, and post the results & photos.

Well no, because as I said, the issue here isn’t that you’ve not weighed it, it’s the scales that seem dubious. You can weigh it until you’re blue in the face, but it still seems a little optimistic. Perhaps everyone else’s scales over weigh!

GaryLake
    Free Member

He did say he’d weight a known quantity such as a 10kg weight though, so give him a chance.

I’m highly dubious myself as well, aluminium frame, not a small size, even if that weight was without pedals I’d be surprised. Like njee, we’re just saying, we’ve all seen better specced carbon framed 26ers weigh more than that.

njee20
    Free Member

He did say he’d weight a known quantity such as a 10kg weight though, so give him a chance.

Ah yes, sorry, I skim read that 😳

Be interesting to know the results!

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Anthem x 29er 1 2011 are a smidgen over 25lbs stock so its possible to remove 3.5lbs surely

njee20
    Free Member

Anthem x 29er 1 2011 are a smidgen over 25lbs stock so its possible to remove 3.5lbs surely

I’d be dubious of that too 😉

perthmtb
    Free Member

2013 Anthem 29er X3 (XL frame) straight from the shop, with pedals (M520) = 28lbs

When my box of goodies arrives from Germany in a couple of weeks it’ll morph from the current Deore components into a full XT build, and I’ll let you know how much weight it sheds in the process…

njee20
    Free Member

Disappointingly little I’ll wager!

perthmtb
    Free Member

LOL, probably right, but it’ll be interesting to find out…

GaryLake
    Free Member

Anthem x 29er 1 2011 are a smidgen over 25lbs stock

Quoted or weighed? Because if it’s quoted it’ll be no pedals and silly light innertubes that pinch on the first ride, size small too. Most manufacturers are a pound over weight by the time you get a medium or large on the scales. Add 10oz-1lb for pedals and suddenly you’re well past the claimed weight

jota180
    Free Member

There’s a guy here trying to get an Anthem 29er a bit lighter – lots of info
    http://forums.mtbr.com/giant/anthem-x-29er-weight-weenie-stuff-688283.html

Reading that 21.5 seems unlikely

GaryLake
    Free Member

I say this because a size medium Superfly 100 AL pro is almost identically specced to that Anthem and weighs 27lb 4oz without pedals. Are you telling me an Anthem frame is 2lb 4oz lighter than a Superfly?

Edit: meant without pedals not with

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘How much does your full sus 29er weigh?’ is closed to new replies.