Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • How many titanium components/manufacturers can you spot?
  • psychle
    Free Member

I’m baaa-aack! A voice returns to the forum at long last, though perhaps a little echoey from Down Under…

Finally got around to building up this lovely ride, using components pretty much all sourced from this blessed forum; thought I’d pop up a picture (or two) for critique, and also to see if anyone can count just how many different Ti components/manufacturers are on this build! I’m wondering if it’s some sort of record/achievement to be honest 😉

IMAG0207 by ten_sim, on Flickr

And another one to help with the challenge 😆

IMAG0208 by ten_sim, on Flickr

weeksy

Nice commuter 🙂

hmanchester
    Free Member

Is the green post titanium?

Markie
    Free Member

Is the green post titanium?

Given it’s in Australia, the question to ask is ‘is the green post poisonous’…

Kryton57

I think that in an effort to avoid the traditional STW critique, you’ve overdone the lawn mowing.

kimbers

yup your bush needs a trim

welcome back

psychle
    Free Member

We’ve had 6mm of rain here since July 17th, the place is a tad dry! Markie, you’re not kidding, just the other day I (panic) bunny-hopped over a 5ft Eastern Brown Snake sunning itself on the trail, 2nd deadliest snake in the friggin world and common as muck around this part of the world 😯 Hardly ever hear of anyone getting bitten though tbh, they’re pretty shy buggers thankfully.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

didnt you have a bowTi?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Needs a CK Ti headset.

Mackem

I bunny-hopped one of those snakes once, this was before I knew how dangerous they were. I’d probably run away now.

psychle
    Free Member

didnt you have a bowTi?

I did 🙁 . It didn’t make the cut to bring back to Oz, I regret parting with it immensely now, but the decision to sell was made for financial (and practical) reasons that seemed important at the time, but probably weren’t so pressing in the end. Wish I’d kept it, but you can’t see the future and know if/how things will pan out for the best!

psychle
    Free Member

Needs a CK Ti headset.

On the look-out for one 2nd hand… won’t pay full retail for one that’s for sure!

charliedontsurf

Your mud is all wrong…
    Looks odd, doesn’t look sticky, or even muddy
    It’s also a weird colour.

And your puddles are all empty.

psychle
    Free Member

See that mud on the bike (such that there is)? That’s from the last bit of rain we had back in July, I’ve kept it on there as a reminder of sorts!

We wish our puddles would fill up, it’s the start of the Wet Season here, so fingers crossed it’ll start raining soon!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I still have mine and wouldnt be parted with it however i did manage to crack one of my other ibis, my old ti mojo, had it nearly 18 years and its going back to steve potts for a repair in april. :o)

psychle
    Free Member

I did still bring back 6 bikes in the end (Mojo HD, Tranny, Indy Fab Ti Delux, Indy Fab Ti FLW, De Rosa Nuovo Classico and the wife’s Yeti ASR), so I wasn’t too hard done by 😆 8O. To keep the Bow Ti, one of these would’ve had to go (most likely the Mojo HD or the Ti FLW as all the others were/are secondhand and not worth that much really). I’ll always miss the Bow ti, it had such a great story around it as well, but the chap I sold it to (along with a bunch of other retro stuff) will love it even more than I did, so she’s in a good home for sure, look out for it on the Surrey Hills!

Nobodies played the game yet… 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

The saddle definitely isn’t titanium. 🙂

Welcome back psychle!

psychle
    Free Member

Cheers mate! It’s good to again be getting paid whilst hanging out on here 😆 😉

The saddle definitely isn’t titanium.

Ah, but the rails are 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shall we talk about cricket then?

😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

the other day I (panic) bunny-hopped over a 5ft Eastern Brown Snake

Is that like jumping the shark?

psychle
    Free Member

What’s wrong with cricket eh? Didn’t you hear, we just smashed the mighty Sri Lankans… best not to talk about recent efforts against a certain African nation! Good effort from your lads though, winning in India is never easy (though I do feel they’re well and truly on the downward slide, India that is…) Going to be an interesting 2013, no doubt Australia will perform admirably and win the series in the UK, I’m not there so of course they will! 🙄 😉

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

ahh I might know the new owner, think he did a london to brighton ride on it earlier this year and posted on here. Think he might have SS it… not sure about that. Last dumb thing I did with mine was the 2011 trans-provence. ;o)

psychle
    Free Member

ahh I might know the new owner, think he did a london to brighton ride on it earlier this year and posted on here.

Nah, I think that was me, though it was last year that I did it (with Elfinsafety) it’s last hurrah (with me) almost. Did have it setup SS for the ride as well 🙂

drofluf
    Free Member

psychle – Member
    We’ve had 6mm of rain here since July 17th,

That’s nothing! We’ve had that much since breakfast 😯

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

hahaha, that was you sir, how was it in SS mode? probably a little odd?

D0NK

oh go on then.
    Ti frame (IF)
    ti stem (seven)
    ti bars (jones?)
    Ti post (moots?)
    Ti railed Brooks
    Ti chainring? hbc?
    is that the pace forks with ti hardware?
    Ti hardware on the hopes?
    I’ll be dissappointed if you haven’t got a smattering of ti bolts on there.
    Don’t know anything about the bottle cages as I now live in the 21st century 😉
    Ti BB hidden away? phil wood? royce?

has that frame got an EBB and what hubs?

garden needs a tidy, sort out your valve/logos etc

soma_rich
    Free Member

That’ll be a Ti Boone chainring I expect!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

On the look-out for one 2nd hand… won’t pay full retail for one that’s for sure!

If you really do want one, send me a mail. I have one sitting in a drawer not doing very much at all.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

mtbmatt – might be interested myself if psychle isnt. no email addy in yer profile?

psychle
    Free Member

oh go on then.
    Ti frame (IF)
    ti stem (seven)
    ti bars (jones?)
    Ti post (moots?)
    Ti railed Brooks
    Ti chainring? hbc?
    is that the pace forks with ti hardware?
    Ti hardware on the hopes?
    I’ll be dissappointed if you haven’t got a smattering of ti bolts on there.
    Don’t know anything about the bottle cages as I now live in the 21st century
    Ti BB hidden away? phil wood? royce?

garden needs a tidy, sort out your valve/logos etc

Hurrah, someone plays the game 😀 . Give the man a prize 😆 . Got most things, though it is indeed a Boone chainring (took me aaaages to get my hands on one!) Good call on the Ti Pace forks, and a good guess on the BB, ’tis a Royce Ti jobbie. There are a few Ti bolts in there as well, but naught Ti in the wheels (considered Ti spokes but decided against it!) Could do a few more things in the ‘mystical metal’, headset and spacers for instance, maybe the bottle cages (they’re on there for marathons/enduros where I want to carry electrolytes separately to the water in my camelbak)

Ti_pin_man, the Bow Ti was awesome as a SS, perfectly suited to the task, you should give it whirl!

Mtbmatt, could well be interested, can’t see an email in your profile though, drop me a message maybe?

yossarian
    Free Member

Going to be an interesting 2013, no doubt Australia will perform admirably and win the series in the UK, I’m not there so of course they will!

nice to have you back old chap, still got a sense of humour I see 😉

D0NK

Could do a few more things in the ‘mystical metal’, headset and spacers for instance

aren’t splined/machined ali the lightest spacers? I like ti* but gotta be a functional reason for it’s use rather than “just coz”.

imo etc

*don’t actually own any myself like.
    oh forgot, have got a couple ti flites

firestarter
    Free Member

Looks like my crank and chainring have travelled way more of the world than me now 😉 enjoy

psychle
    Free Member

It’s a standard BB, running White Industries Eno hubs with one of their DOS freewheels(16/18T), ’tis a nice setup.

Firestarter, yep, that’s your old Boone ring, you can see it found a good home 😀

D0NK

ah right, do you still need to use half links* with that setup or is there enough travel on the eno hub to do without?

Just curious can’t actually afford a setup like that, did get a WI freewheel recently tho, niiiiice, if it lasts longer than 3 shimano units it’ll be a good investment too rather than just bling 🙂

*or is the DOS there to help take up the slack rather than give you a gear option?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

the boone rings are great, i used to replace chainrings 2 or 3 times over a few years but havent replaced one in many years now.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘How many titanium components/manufacturers can you spot?’ is closed to new replies.