Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • How many pairs of shoes!!
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

86. That’s how many pairs of shoes my Stepdaughter has.
    So (apart from Emelda Marcos), who else on here personally knows someone with more shoes?

I think I’ve got 10, including 3 pairs of cycling shoes.

ekul
    Free Member

Not sure but a quick tot up of the shoe boxes my other half moved in with last year added up to over £7k 😯 !!!

bearnecessities

Shoes are very important, so says my Dad.

I agree, although I think the sentiment is quality not quantity!

86??!

binners

One of my mates has a trainer obsession that would rival a New York hip hop star. His collection of trainers needs it’s own room!

emsz
    Free Member

depends….the ones I have here, or the ones here, and at my mums?

over 100 easy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shoes are very important, so says my Dad.

He’s right. Spend good money on your boots and your bed. If you’re not in one, you’re in the other.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Back in the good old days I would treat myself to a new pair of shoes every week, as soon as I am where I want to be in my career I’m going to buy 2 pairs a week to make up for the lost time. New shoes make me happier than new bike bits!!

86 pairs is impressive, I think I took about 53 pairs to Uni with me, I was not popular with my sister when she helped me move out as naturally they were all stored in their shoe boxes (with a Polaroid on the outside so I knew which pair they were)
    God I love shoes!

pete68
    Free Member

Er, 6 here. 2x cycle shoes,trainers, ,wellies, walking boots and work shoes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    If you’re not in one, you’re in the other.

What about your lover?

bearnecessities

Eh?!

binners

I think it was Stephen Fry who said that a man needs two good pairs of shoes, one brown , one black. I’d agree with that (though I own far more). The emphasis is on ‘good’

I spent 3 (very contented) years of my life designing shoes. I get why people get obsessed with them. The first pressie I got mrs Binners was a pair of shoes I’d designed for her. It went down well*

* I am aware that this sounds a bit Hora-ish. But it’s true 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bet you couldn’t design shoes for my feet!
    (look up Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome)

fasthaggis

Top marks binners,but are you now getting email requests from Pik an Mix?
    🙂

I recently counted up my cycling shoes, 9 😳

mereditp
    Free Member

A few years ago my wife reached a high of over 300 pairs.

Somehow we’re not divorced yet and it’s down to a more manageable 200.

CHB

Muddy dwarf: my best mate has CMT syndrome. Yes designing for his arch would be a challenge!
    Horrid affliction, so hope gene therapy fixes it one day. Best wishes.

seadog101

Me, 5 pairs in regular use – Running, riding, smart boots, untidy boots, walking about Merrells. Possibly work safety boots too.

GJP
    Free Member

5 pairs for work plus another pair for funerals, interviews and weddings etc.
    5 pairs of casual boots in various guises
    2 pairs of merrell type things
    2 cycling shoes. Road and MTB

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dear God I love shoes, on men on women, on me … 😀

samuri
    Free Member

I agree with the above. Under normal circumstances, One pair of black, one pair of brown.

Obviously we’re not including cycling shoes, wellies, boots or trainers in this.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Luckily I know a few people who can sort out shoes, so I don’t need to try and woo binners.

passtherizla
    Free Member

4 pairs of walking boots
    4 pairs of approach shoes
    3 pairs of climbing shoes
    3 pairs of snowboard boots
    1 pair of shoe shoes
    10 pairs of skate shoes
    2 pairs of runners

so no… no where near 86.. good going that! I like shoes, but they get worn and wrecked 🙁

brakes
    Free Member

I think I have 4 in use, the other few pairs just haven’t been thrown out yet.

work shoes – Poste – lovely looking shoes when they were new but are now rotten inside, leak water and splitting at the back.
    trainers – Puma old-skool type – robust.
    brown boots – battered, paper-thin leather – cool.
    riding shoes – faithful Giro Gauge – awesome shoe – few years old and starting to show and smell their age.

I like shoes, I like old battered comfy shoes. I hate buying them.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I almost exclusively wear caterpillar boots and shimano cycling shoes – so far the only footwear that doesn’t reduce me to tears of pain and frustration. Having feet that look like the bastard offspring of a ducks foot, a birds claw and a humpback bridge finding ANY footwear that works is a challenge!
    Mind you, MsD is buying me some fancy road shoes for Xmas, hope they don’t make me bleed too much..

lunge

Ooh, shoes, I bloody love shoes. I have 50 ish pairs I think. Plus cycling shoes, football boots, ski boots, wellies, etc on top. I firmly believe that shoes say a lot about someone and I make sure mine say the right thing! Few things make you look worse than bad shoes. I constantly get stick from my wife as I can never remember people’s names but I can always remember what shoes they were wearing and what watch they had on, this applies to both male and female.

hot_fiat

Sorry, but my mrs almost trumps you all. I believe there are about 200 pairs littered around the house, most of them boxed up in the loft following a ‘shoe event horizon’. They sit up there ticking away like the molten core of reactor number 4 at Chernobyl. <despair>

thebrowndog
    Free Member

But I worked with a guy years ago who had a thing for women’s shoes and had converted his spare bedroom to display them. He had over 400 pairs or seriously high quality, mint condition shoes. Otherwise he was perfectly normal …. Women loved it. He’d take them home and let them wander around, answering their questions and trying them on. Never failed.

JoeG
    Free Member

browndog – did this guy use his shoe collection instead of a sports car to bed these wimmenz, or was it just a weird museum? ❓

The first is brilliant; the second is sad. ❗

thebrowndog
    Free Member

JoeG – yep, he reckoned it was the best aphrodisiac ever and he spent ages rearranging them, working out his mental catalogue. They were more than a tool to an end though – he genuinely loved them.

binners

On a side note – if anyone is struggling with Christmas present ideas for the better half, then you really can’t go far wrong with a really decent pair of potentially life-threatening killer heels! 😀

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Christmas presses for your other half … worthy of thread in itself ….

earl_brutus
    Free Member

lets see
    2 pairs of english brogues, 3 pairs chelsea boot, 1 pr english brogue boot, 1 pair slip on loafer, 2 pairs of wellies, 1 pr running shoes, 1pr skate shoes, 1pr converse all stars, 1pr iguana skin cowboy boots (!), two pairs site boots, 1 pair golf shoes, 2 pairs cycling shoes, 1 pr flip flops, 1 pr of mocasins.
    AND Getting these for xmas nice

gotta love good shoes

khani
    Free Member

12, including my bike shoes, and my wellies..

johndoh
    Free Member

But I worked with a guy years ago who had a thing for women’s shoes and had converted his spare bedroom to display them. He had over 400 pairs or seriously high quality, mint condition shoes. Otherwise he was perfectly normal …. Women loved it. He’d take them home and let them wander around, answering their questions and trying them on. Never failed.

How many of the women were ever seen alive again?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Right, time for a rough count….
    Bike shoes – 6 (2 flat, 2 trail clipless, 2 road)
    Walking shoes/boots – 4
    Brogues – 3
    Oxfords – 3
    Dress shoes – 1
    Smart turnout boots – 2
    Hack boots – 2
    Riding boots – 2
    Wellies – 1
    Deck shoes – 3
    Desert wellies – 3
    Water shoes – 1
    Running shoes – 1
    Squash/tennis shoes – 2 (Indoor and outdoor)
    Ski boots – 1 🙂
    Flip flops – 2 (Do they count?)

Oh crap.

khani
    Free Member

37????!!!!!!! And you’re male???
    😯

hooli

I have about 10 and a few of those could use throwing away.

Is it all women or just my Mrs that insist on buying about 10 pairs of the same shoe? Black ballet slipper things, there about 30 that fall out the cupboard under the stairs when I go near it and she wonders why I don’t notice or compliment her on her new purchase…

aracer
    Free Member

you really can’t go far wrong with a really decent pair of potentially life-threatening killer heels!

I’m sure I could.

I have 5 pairs of cycling shoes…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Do high-heel fetish shoes *really* count?

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

Hmmm…

Brogues x 3
    Brogue boots x 3
    Oxfords x 2
    Dress shoes x 1
    Chelsea Boots x 4
    Chukka boots (colours various) x 5
    Deck shoes x 2
    Plimsoles x 4
    Running shoes x 7
    Walking boots x 2
    Trainers x 2
    Moccassins x 3
    Flip flops x 2
    Wellies x 2
    Cycling shoes x 2

I make that 44 – blimey 🙁

mcnultycop

At least 50 pairs of Adidas Superstar, another 30 pairs of other Adidas, another maybe 30 pairs of other trainers (New Balance mainly) – some completely unworn and two pairs of duplicates for my favourite rare trainers. 15 pairs of shoes, a pair of Teva Links and my new Shimano roadie shoes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘How many pairs of shoes!!’ is closed to new replies.