Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 291 total)
  • how many hours do you work a week?
  • morgs
    Free Member

Just want to try and guage how stupid I am….

I work 8:30-5:30 monday to thursday, -5:00 on friday. We get an hour for lunch, but that’s just the start of it. It is frowned upon to leave much before 6…I often come in and do a few (up to 5) hours of a weekend and have been stuck in the office until gone midnight before now. I’m typing this at my desk!

So go on, STW – how nuts am I / are you?

Cheers

Morgs

rob-jackson
    Free Member

get in at 7:30, leave at 4:30 with no lunch break as such. work from 7-9 most days also

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Unill xmas about 60 hours a week.

Now part time and 2 days at 20hrs a week. 😀

ton

8.30 while 5
    tho i usually go home at 4.
    and 3 hours every 3rd saturday am.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

About 60-70 hours per week – but never do weekends anymore….That’s bike time!

mrmo
    Free Member

I work 8:30 to 5 5 days a week with an hour for lunch, i tend to get to work a bit before 8, i cycle most days so have a shower when i get in but i use the time to boot the PC up get a few things going before i go.

Then probably take around 30mins for lunch. But i almost always leave at 5pm.

Call it stress management, but working beyond 5 has never featured in my life.

Rochey
    Free Member

as little as poss!!! but TBH, leave at 08.30 (approx) drive upto 1.3hr arrive 10.00ish, work all day, no lunch and leave around 17.00, then 1.3hr drive home, so all in 10hr a day + a few hr;s a week in the evening.

james
    Free Member

Depends on the season
    Anything from 45-100+hrs a week
    Start at 6 or 7 if busy, normally 8
    Finish at 5 when quiet, can be anything upto gone 2, Past 12 is common when busy
    Lunch is 30mins if I’ve time

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

average around 18 hrs or so I guess for the last few years

do you get paid for all those extra hours? If not work out your real hourly rate

bruneep

48 paid for 42.

Stoner
    Free Member

You would hate me if I told you, but since Im now pretty much a househusband I suppose I have to start counting the hours doing the chores 😉

postierich
    Free Member

Start 7.15am finish 14.45 meal break at end 30 hours a week(5 days) have only one in 4 saturdays off though 🙁

TheFlyingOx

84 hours a week, although 1hr lunch and 2x15min tea breaks per day are included in that.

anto164
    Free Member

8:30-4:30 for me – 37.5 hrs p/w when in the office. Dependant on the work load, i work anywhere between 34 hours and 52 hours a week. If i’m travelling, then sometimes it’s 60 hours+

Basil

Min 60 Mon to Fri + another 10 or 12 over the weekend, and 24 hour 7 days per week on call for the last 11 years.
    Last week K**b of Production Director points out any monkey could do my job.
    Hell of a way to waste your thirties.

carlosg
    Free Member

Official hours are 7.00am – 2.30pm Monday and Tuesday the rest of the week (Weds – Sat) is 6.30am – 2.30pm , we get a 40 minute break that I usually take off the end of my duty so paid for 39 hours , get a floating day off that moves on a day each week so get a long weekend every 6 weeks.

It’s rare I ever do overtime.

tang
    Free Member

24, most weeks. Home for lunch, snooze or ride. Volunteer about 5 hrs, do product testing for a footwear company, but that’s hardly work.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I do 8.30 till 5.30 five days a week. I travel up to an hour each way. I sometimes work the odd extra hour here and there. I rarely take an hours lunch I tend to have a few short breaks through the day.

tazzymtb

varies massively from normal a 40 hour week (a blinkin rare thing) but can quite easily do 18-22 hour days or days-nights-days back to back with a couple of hours sleep snatched when possible depending on the client requirements.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Last week K**b of Production Director points out any monkey could do my job.
    Hell of a way to waste your thirties.

What a c–t.

gee
    Free Member

45-50 hrs a week teaching.

15hrs a week cycling.

It’s a good balance.

ssnowman
    Free Member

Officially 8.30 – 5.30, but usually 7/7.30 until 6.30/9.00 depending on workload.

willej

My average is about 43 hours a week. All paid for. Usually start at 8:15-8:30am, half hour unpaid for lunch and leave between 5 and 6pm. I went through a period of about 3 years when I was doing 6 days a week (50 hrs/week on average) which was killing me so now I work less and rest and play more!

warton
    Free Member

about 45 to 50 hours a week. paid overtime so it’s all good.

Northwind

35 hours on the dot (not counting lunches) Sometimes a little more, which I take back as time off in lieu some other time.

One thing I find interesting is that people who work extra hours often are convinced that it’s just perfectly normal and that everyone does it. In my last job, there was a team of 5 of us doing much the same job, for much the same money, 1 woman worked at least 5 hours a week extra and never claimed money or time off for it because, quote, “everyone does it”. Apart from everyone else there that is.

godzilla
    Free Member

70 i have 2 fulltime job’s

carlosg
    Free Member

One thing I find interesting is that people who work extra hours often are convinced that it’s just perfectly normal and that everyone does it

There’s a group of about 10 blokes at work do this every day , they’re the main reason that upper management believe the job is too easy and that we need to reduce our staffing levels.

uplink
    Free Member

I work from home most times
    don’t really count the hours but around 4 today, tomorrow I may do 10 or I may do 2

get paid for 37

legend
    Free Member

Assuming I drag myself out of bed on time:
    Mon – Thurs 7.30 – 4
    Fri 7.30 – 12.30 so loads of riding time 😀
    So 37/week plus putting in a Sat/Sun morning every so often too.

I like my hours 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

190 hours on an average week. Sometimes more.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

There’s two blokes at work who start at 0400 and work through to around 1900 most days then just to top it off they work a Saturday as well.!

v8ninety

37.5hrs/wk average, on a 24/7 rota working 12hr day and night shifts. (with 3/4hr deducted for a meal break). I travel 35 miles to work which takes about 45 minutes at each end of the shift too, but I don’t get paid for that so i’m not counting it.

On the plus side, every now and then I get paid to go mountain biking in the name of fitness training… bonus!

gsp1984
    Free Member

When I work offshore I can work 100hrs a week easily.

When working onshore it’s very flexible to be honest.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

On paper 84 hours
    I reality about 63 when you take breaks, web surfing time etc. out of it.
    Oh and 24 hour callout.
    But then it is 2 weeks on – 3 off.

I couldn’t go back to 5x8Hour days – why not 4×10?

iDave
    Free Member

about 8-12 hours a week normally of actual work. then lots of time thinking about stuff.

colournoise

Never really added it up.

7-30 to 5 most days with lunch invariably eaten while working if I even get time.
    7-30 to 6 on a Wednesday.
    Evening events over the year probably average out to another hour each week.
    Maybe an hour or so at home each night except Fridays.
    3 hours at home on a Sunday morning.

So around 55 hours a week.

Balanced out by the 13 weeks holiday/riding time I get each year I guess.

slainte ➡ rob

Lucas
    Free Member

I hope all the people above working crazy hours are being paid overtime or have a nice fat salary. If not then really you’re in the wrong job or have the wrong employer. I really hate the one-upman-ship thing that starts to happen when people start working longer hours to prove how important they are. If you are having to work many hours to get the job done then your employer needs to employ more people (fair enough if you’re self employed) or you need to get better at time management.

To me the most important thing is time away from work, time with family and time doing things I like (fair enough if you really love work and don’t really like your family). I get paid for 37.5 hrs a week, some weeks I work more and stay away from home, but that adds up the flexi time so the next week I’ll have a bit of time off to make up. I don’t get paid a massive amount, I get my work done so it seems a good compromise to me

yossarian
    Free Member

Around 35, sometimes 40, sometimes 30. Most of the others in my office do 50/55 as a routine

I’m not really the dedicated type, try to make up for it by being properly efficient when I am there.

singletrackmind

Basil.- What do you produce exactly?

jonba
    Free Member

8.30-4.30

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 291 total)

The topic ‘how many hours do you work a week?’ is closed to new replies.