Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How good is the Fire tablet as an e-reader?
  • eskay

My wife has a Kindle e-reader and I was looking at getting one as well.

Amazon has Fire tablets on sale for £35 at the moment, how good are they as an e-reader? One of the big draws for the ‘traditional’ Kindle e-reader is battery life, I imagine the Fire’s battery life is fairly limited in comparison?

Northwind

TBH it’s as good as any other tablet- so if you’ve got a tablet or massive phone, throw the android reader app on it and try it out

(I don’t mind reading on a phone or tablet but it’s a distant second to a proper ebook)

molgrips
    Free Member

It works well, but e-ink is much better than any LCD display.

johnners
    Free Member

Depends what you read and where you typically do it. I prefer my paperwhite for anything pure text, and it’s much better for reading in bright conditions and where reflections could be a problem. I’ve a 8″ Fire HD which is fine indoors, less good outside. It’s useful for reading magazines or any books with maps or other illustrations though, and of course it can also be used for tablety type activities.

Stainypants

For me a dedicated ereader is a brilliant product at doing what it does. Storing hundreds of books, use it by the pool in bright sunlight light on holiday and charge it once a month. If thats what you want it for a tablet won’t work.

However if you only want to read by your bed then get the tablet as it can do much more than an ereader.

GrahamS

Fire has a pretty low resolution display as well (1024 x 600 at 171ppi) which personally I’d hate for reading.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How good is the Fire tablet as an e-reader?’ is closed to new replies.