Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How do you post a bike these days?
  • sharkattack

Which one of the army of new courier companies would people suggest for posting a bike?

I’ve got a bike up for sale and all the questions are coming from miles away. I don’t mind getting a box and doing it but not sure what company to trust.

It’s a small, steel jump bike so not that concerned about damage but I’d rather have it arrive in a drama free fashion.

Thanks

awh
    Free Member

The quality of service seems to vary massively depending on where you live, for me (near Bath) the best is Parcel Force.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

DPD via Parcel2Go

Northwind

How much is it worth? I was looking at posting one just recently and it was the insurance that was killing me, a lot of people were saying “use service X, it’s £25” but when I looked that was for minimal cover.

Parcelforce seem a pretty solid option though. In the end we’re posting half the bike to get the value and size down a bit and that made it more doable. Remember couriers will sometimes charge volumetric pricing, ie if the box is big it costs as well as if it’s heavy, so going small can help too.

sharkattack

It’s only a £250 bike and it’s small and steel with no suspension or anything to worry about. Should fit in the most minimal bike box.

I suppose I should get a box first and get quotes according to size.

inverjoe
    Free Member

Ive used direct courier solutions a couple of times. They do a deal for bikes.

captaindanger

Paisley freight

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How do you post a bike these days?’ is closed to new replies.