Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • How do you deal with bullies at children's parties ?
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

Roped into helping at nephew’s 9th birthday party this weekend. There’s a known bully coming. I don’t know why the child was invited but he will cause trouble.

How do you deal with it once it happens ? Do you just let it happen and hope the parents learn not to invite him next time ?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Slats.
    Hoofage.

bruneep

get in first, bully the bully.

flap_jack
    Free Member

get in first, bully the bully

This I would love to do. But he’s a 9 year old child and I’m a lot older and bigger.

And he might come for me when he’s 18…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Naughty step.

or water boarding

molgrips
    Free Member

No pudding surely?

anagallis_arvensis

Keep a closeceye on your nephew. If he is getting a hard time extract him quick. If he is getting the upper hand look the other way!!!

Rorschach
    Free Member

But he’s a 9 year old child and I’m a lot older and bigger.

Ahhh…..get the wife to do it.

barkm
    Free Member

you politely, firmly, and quite openly, confront and challenge the inappropriate behavior.

Works for both kids and adults.

Sounds simple, but weirdly it has become one of those skills many have lost.

badnewz
    Free Member

I wouldn’t intervene with someone else’s kid.
    Play it by ear but remonstrate with the person who invited ye bully.

Stoner
    Free Member

I don’t put up with bad behaviour in my house. I will have words and if necessary discipline* anyone’s child who’s disruptive or taking the fun out of the day for others. I will do it in front of their parents. I do the same on the rugby pitch where I coach/manage 25+ of the little darlings.

Invariably, the parents either turn away and ignore the matter, as they don’t have the balls to do it themselves and are somewhat embarrassed that they have never given their child a discipline structure in the first place, or they give a nod indicating that it’s fine and more-or-less what they would do themselves.

* time out, removed to play somewhere else, stern words etc. I’ve not smacked one….yet.

scotroutes

Ask your brother/sister what their policy is and make sure all the adults stick to it.

barkm
    Free Member

I wouldn’t intervene with someone else’s kid.

In my home I would, however if that isn’t appropriate/convenient or whatever, I’d address the parents directly.
    The situation isn’t complicated, our perception and interpretation of social etiquette is what makes it complicated.

Northwind

Once you’ve set one on fire, the others will respect boundaries

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Agreed with Stoner and Barkm. Or indeed slats hoofage

grahamt1980

If his parents are vegan feed him Macdonalds.
    That should get him in trouble and stop him coming to more parties

chewkw
    Free Member

Scotch bonnet chilies …

Serve the naughty boy that without him knowing. Squeeze into liquid and apply to food …

As a kid we/I get that treatment when we were naughty … but we got them rub directly into our mouth unlike you lot pampered puss.

Yaaahhhh … burnnnn baby burn!!! 😈

When the kid screams … it will be very funny! I can imagine that in my head now … as a kid we screamed … very funny! 😆

No you are NOT going to die you pampered puss.

edit: but we started eating hot chilies age 5 then everyday age 6 … as food.

edit edit: when they cry and try to wipe tears of their eyes … bingo! They got hit second time … now they are half blind. 😆

Cougar

You only have to kill one as an example to the others.

trademark
    Free Member

Would it not be easier to just uninvite the bully, telling his parents the truth?

chewkw
    Free Member

trademark – Member
    Would it not be easier to just uninvite the bully, telling his parents the truth?

Best option ^^^

Otherwise Scotch bonnet chilies option … you will have the most exciting time of your life that is memorable for as long as you live. I kid you not.

Stoner
    Free Member

its a good opportunity to improve the scrote’s discipline. Take it.
    And he/she may even be well behaved anyway, and you’re assuming he’s guilty before he’s had a chance.

gordimhor

Nuke them from orbit

cynic-al
    Free Member

Has someone called social services about chewkw?

scotroutes

Why – has he been allowed out again?

tthew

If he start acting up, warn once, then ring his parents and tell them to come and get him. (I assume it’s a him)

el_boufador

+1 Stoner, call ’em out, confront directly. If you can justify your actions you have nothing to fear

I’m a Beavers leader, it really is amazing how few adults will step into situations of bad behavior (including their own Children).

Feels a bit uncomfortable the first time you give someone elses’s kid a bollocking. You get used to it.

Stoner
    Free Member

You get used to it.

it’s addictive 😈

(I assume it’s a him)

Some of the nastiest pieces of work I’ve seen have been girls.

allfankledup

Get nephews brother/cousin to sort bully…

chewkw
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Has someone called social services about chewkw?

Just say you over fed the boy chilies accidentally … btw it’s food 😆

scotroutes – Member
    Why – has he been allowed out again?

😛 C’mon … have some fun. Really try it. It will be so funny you will remember forever.

Stoner – Member
    Some of the nastiest pieces of work I’ve seen have been girls.

No difference … when the chilies burn they scream …

phunkmaster
    Free Member

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=AjXooH2tokY[/video]

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

No difference … when the chilies burn they scream …

Pure GOLD

RobHilton
    Free Member

Slip him some picolax

Edit:just before he leaves!

trademark
    Free Member

My g/f reckons my sense of humour is unique …

C’mon … have some fun. Really try it. It will be so funny you will remember forever.

… apparently not 😈

Daffy

chewkw – Member
    Scotch bonnet chilies …

Serve the naughty boy that without him knowing. Squeeze into liquid and apply to food …
    As a kid we/I get that treatment when we were naughty … but we got them rub directly into our mouth unlike you lot pampered puss.
    Yaaahhhh … burnnnn baby burn!!!
    When the kid screams … it will be very funny! I can imagine that in my head now … as a kid we screamed … very funny!
    No you are NOT going to die you pampered puss.
    edit: but we started eating hot chilies age 5 then everyday age 6 … as food.
    edit edit: when they cry and try to wipe tears of their eyes … bingo! They got hit second time … now they are half blind.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Never has LOL been more appropriate.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Slip him some picolax

Edit:just before he leaves!

I was going to suggest my usual go-to of punching in the face but this. Definitely this.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s simple. One warning then out the door.

scaredypants

I assume we’ve had this but in case not,

Headlock:Chinese burn

theotherjonv

+1 Stoner, call ’em out, confront directly. If you can justify your actions you have nothing to fear

This. And if it continues, as tthew said, exclude them and get the parents to come and collect them. If the parents kick off, hoof them in the slats for being unable to properly discipline a 9 year old because they’ll deserve it as much as him.

Why’s he been invited? Hmmmm…….been there as well; how much say should we as parents have over who your kids mix with / invite to their parties. My daughter mixes with a known troublemaker who we’d prefer she didn’t mix with but have to allow her to find her own way and make her own mistakes. Or maybe the parents are actually very nice but just not very good at the discipline side. Or maybe he’s well fit, and your nephew’s mum…… 😉

Seriously – not all ‘bad’ kids come from ‘bad’ parents per se; sometimes they are perfectly nice people who just don’t have the skills to deal with their beloved’s problems. Bad parenting isn’t always from bad people.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Bombers and pooing through their letterbox.

elzorillo
    Free Member

I’ve often found that the worst kids are the ones with parents who believe their child can do no wrong.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘How do you deal with bullies at children's parties ?’ is closed to new replies.