Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • How are we all keeping cool today?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Me, sitting as still as possible with all doors and windows open and curtains shut.

A bit like Anne Frank

Too soon! 😡

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I spent the day dragging a bike around Torridon with a couple of breaks to walk up Munros. 9 hours in 30ish degrees and I was feeling really quite unwell when I got back to the car. Now on my third ltr of water and feeling a bit better.

I don’t expect sympathy…

🙂

carlosg
    Free Member

Sat in my board shorts leaking at the moment 😕 .

I’m a postie too and as soon as I got out on delivery I chucked my polo shirt into the back of the van and did my delivery in the high vis waistcoat instead . I now sport a rather fetching red v shape from the bottom of my neck stretching down about 7 inches 😀 .

I filled up 1.5 litres of water that I drank between 9.30 and 11.30 then had to buy a further litre of juice from the off licence on part 2 of the delivery. Looking forward to the rest of the week (not)

Tracey

Spent all day in the bike park at Pila. Did a couple of the Pila to Aosta runs. Loads of dust and 37 deg at the bottom. Had a couple of beers and a proper Italian ice cream in the old town before cycling back along the river bank. Into the campsite pool till it shut and then a barbi and a few wines watching the sun go down over the mountains. Alot better than this time last week when it was -2 deg in La Thuile.

irelanst
    Free Member

Well I stupidly ran home from work along the Thames through Oxford. It was pretty hot and I still feel a bit sick, on the plus side I did see 2 young ladies sunbathing topless on a boat

garage-dweller

Air conditioned car 2 hours
    Air conditioned office 9 hours
    Air conditioned car nearly three hours 😥

Shady bit of garden 😀

Bregante

14 hrs in an office with windows that only open about four inches and no air con. As you can imagine my flagging morale was boosted by a member of my team asking me how my day was going before sending me this pic of the view from the campsite he is on in Anglesey….

letmetalktomark

WFH right now and will do so for as long as the warmth remains.

Our office is in our cellar which is lovely and cool. I may even turn off the storage heater…….

mogrim

Did a 106km bike ride this morning, couple of mountains included, then a trip to the pool and a couple of beers. Central Spain in summer, 38C is normal and you get used to it.

dyna-ti

Melted.
    A 15 mile round trip through Glasgow and down the clyde a bit.
    Oppressively warm.

Thanks to my lack of fat i sweated buckets. 3lt in electrolytes and ive still a bit of a headache.

Going through that covered bridge at the secc is something to behold. It is devoid of breathable air.
    Fking firecrews could train in there 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

#HottestDayOfTheYear gets Brits sobbing, sweating, stripping off http://ab.co/2a9eWKV – via @abcnews

Don’t worry nobody is taking the piss…

rocketman
    Free Member

As above one of the advantages of getting older is it’s never too hot

Grand tour of the Chase yesterday no trail left unridden some of them twice.

BTW Chase Trails nice work at the end of S8

jam-bo

cheeky pre-work swim…

martinhutch

Stepping outside the door would do it right now. Pretty cool lightning storm kicking off – looks epic just south of Edinburgh.

joat

Stepping outside the door would do it right now. Pretty cool lightning storm kicking off – looks epic just south of Edinburgh.

I’m in Peebles on holiday and glad I didn’t set out for an early lap of GT. It’s a bit bangy.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Don’t worry nobody is taking the piss…

Don’t worry. No-one read the link.

benp1

Did about 25 miles last night on the clown bike. It was lovely!

Been wearing a sleeveless top the last few days to try to even out the tan marks on my arms from wearing a short sleeve jersey when commuting to work

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

run at 7:00 was hot work – feels muggy today

All doors and windows open now – but more uncomfortable than yesterday as muggy. Thunderstorms in a few hours I reckon, which should freshen things up a bit

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Linen shirt – check
    Seersucker shorts – check
    Straw hat – check
    Shady seat – check
    Mixed drink – check
    Feet in a paddling pool – check

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Playing Fallout 3 with several mods.

Oh, and apparently I have to go “outside” or something later..?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘How are we all keeping cool today?’ is closed to new replies.