Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • House Prices..are they going to go up or down from the current level.
  • rockhopper70

…as I am contemplating moving up the ladder.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

They’re going down.

yossarian
    Free Member

**** knows!

We’re on the hunt for a bigger house just now and the market above 200k seems very slow. Good rates and mortgage multipliers starting to return as lenders try and kickstart the sector.

djglover
    Free Member

I know 2 people who moved out to rent at what they perceived to be the top of the market to buy when they saw the bottom, they both lost out. If you want to move and can afford it then just do it, long term your investment will probably be OK. This assumes property is in a half decent area

brakes
    Free Member

my flat (central London) has gone up by about 18% in the past 3-4 years :SMUG:

there’s a report knocking around from PwC (I think) that predicts that house prices will remain at 2007 levels up until at least 2015 in real terms

EDIT: yep it’s here

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Depends on the area and the price level. Around herw the bottom of the market is moving well and so is the top. th middle is sluggish

So in Edinburgh its upwards only I believe

yossarian
    Free Member

Yeah prices here have gone up around 5% since the beginning of the year. It’s too simplistic to just say up or down but I wouldn’t buy anything I wasn’t prepared to live in for at least five years.

monkey_nutz
    Free Member

Hang on i’ll just get my cyrstal ball!!!! If its the right thing to do, do it, only here once mate.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Yes.

House prices are going to go up or down.

epicyclo

How many zillion public sector workers are going to lose their jobs?

Down. Very down.

steveh

Well drR swank they might stay the same 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘House Prices..are they going to go up or down from the current level.’ is closed to new replies.