• This topic has 40 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by lump.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • HOTS Roll Call.
  • singlespeedstu

Whos HOTSing it next weekend then?
    Roll on the isotonic sport cider. 8)

ajantom

Don’t depress me 🙁 I failed to get a place and really want to go.

rp16v
    Free Member

I’m in ,also interested in what ppl will be riding as I’m torn between bikes

CheesybeanZ

@ajantom , theres 2 camping places on the hots Facebook page .

ajantom

Yeah I saw that, too late for me to arrange it now. Have fun!

drover
    Free Member

I will be there….

bimster29
    Free Member

Me too.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Me too

singlespeedstu

Anyone know when they’re sending the route out to us?

CheesybeanZ

Steve says the gpx will be post out the week before – so should be next few days .

jimw
    Free Member

I am going to use my 29er hardtail, last year it seemed the right balance between comfort and efficiency for the route.

misterduncan
    Free Member

I’m in! Wotton area was riding very nicely a couple of weeks ago. Has been a bit rainy since, but I feel it’s going to be a good one.

Looking forward to it.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Rob is in

CheesybeanZ

GPX files will be sent out Tuesday latest along with all the information needed.!
    From Steve on Facebook .

singlespeedstu

Cheers for the info Mrbeanz.
    You turning up on Friday?

CheesybeanZ

Indeed and I just got an email from hots .

singlespeedstu

Me too. 🙂

rp16v
    Free Member

Our little group got mail today will be arriving on Fri about 6 of us iirc

flashes
    Free Member

I’ll be there. SS Karate Monkey, hopefully the longer one again, but my knees playing silly beggars at the mo………..

pictonroad

Yep, I’ll be there, 29er rigid with attention seeking handlebars.

billybadger
    Free Member

I’m in with 3 mates. Haven’t done this one before – guessing from the vibe it’s not the most ‘serious’ event in the world? Are many people staying for the Say night as well?

Colin-T

5th time for me.

Taking gears this year as last year’s long route nearly broke me on a SS.

Looking forward to the roller racing on Sat night along with the raffle and isotonic sport cider.

jimw
    Free Member

Serious? Only if you want to make it so for yourself. A bunch of my friends go and we have some who do the 75k as fast as they can for their own satisfaction ( there are no ‘winners’ apart from the charities who benefit) , others (me included) who enjoy the very friendly atmosphere and love the scenery and the cider on the 50k.
    We then have a relaxed afternoon and evening- some get more relaxed than others if you get my drift- and enjoy the raffle.

billybadger
    Free Member

Excellent Jim – that was the response I was hoping for! Think it’ll properly be a cider tainted 50k route for us.

RobHilton
    Free Member

That was great! The quarry needs a re-visit on a more suitable bike :mrgreen:

misterduncan
    Free Member

Really good event! The CX guy proved us all wrong and whupped all of our arses. I made it back third on the 75km and he was about 30 mins ahead of me. I’d love to see how he managed to tackle some of those decents.

DrP

Re the CX guy… If you mean the chap on the focus, I overtook him early on and didn’t get passed by him again.. I wonder if he did the 50k route perhaps?

DrP

misterduncan
    Free Member

CX guy with pink grip tape?

He definitely did the 75. Did you get lost? I think most people lost the route at some point. If you Strava, check out the flybys feature. You’ll see him zooming off in the last third once the technical stuff was done and heading home with a sub four hours.

DrP

Can remember about the grip tape.. Though sounds like I should!
    I’ll check it out. Don’t recall getting lost, though wouldn’t put it past me!

I think I was 6th or 7th back… On-one scandal SS with orange grips…

DrP

pictonroad

Rigid wasn’t a problem, CX bike would have been ok I reckon, a bit uncomfortable on the fields, It’s the perverts on single speeds we need to keep an eye on.

Such a great event, having such good weather again is just spoiling us.

lump

Of the four segments that i can find on strava of the full 75KM route. I cant believe so few people rode the whole 75km. Whats that about ?? Did so many people take so many wrong turns…

And the pic above,.thats me that is 😀

DrP

I’m thinking strava is still ‘hard at work’ on that one.
    I didn’t ‘come up’ on any “HOTS full route” segments so was going to make one.
    But then once I was making the segment strava (from my ride) showed me the’similar segments’ so I didn’t bother.However, I’ve still not registered on any of them!

Hmm…curious!

DrP

qwerty
    Free Member

That’s all my local riding that is 🙂 You had great weather and trail conditions.

Didn’t get an entry this year, I’ll try again next.

I rode the FoD Full Boar instead on the Sunday, tired achey legs today, but I wonder if the HOTS course isn’t harder? We had no tantrum inducing climbs on the Boar, must of been some in the HOTS?

lump

DrP all the created full routes only have one person on them… very odd

flashes
    Free Member

I did the 75k, v nice. Doing quite well til we got lost, so added a mother of (another) hill and the fields of doom.
    Brilliant event, well organised and a briefing to challenge Charlie’s “don’t be a d*ck” briefing for most entertaing safety talk…………legs were a tad wobbly doing my Sunday ride.

DrP

DrP all the created full routes only have one person on them… very odd

I’d give it a few days – I suspect Stravabots are tallying up the ‘route compliance’ and will eventually realise you/I/Tom/Dick/Harry all rode it…

DrP

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Probably the best days ride I’ve had, excellent route and considering I live nearby there was a lot of trails I hadn’t ridden before.

Proper off road singletrack which was great.
    I did another event further north a few weeks ago and the terrain was positively sanitised compared to HOTS.

Impressed by the team spirit, everyone seemed to help each other out and it was good light heated fun. Weather definitely helped and whilst I was tired I doubt I would have made 75km if it was really wet.

Anyone know what happened to the guy who crashed into the tree and took a trip in an ambulance ? Hope he is OK.

dadbike
    Free Member

I don’t think GPS is too accurate in steep sided woodland, which was a significant proportion of the route. My track is over 50m off where I rode in places.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Anyone know what happened to the guy who crashed into the tree and took a trip in an ambulance ?

Assume it’s the guy who posted on the FB page…

Hi Guys, Rob here.
    Thanks for all of your concern and best wishes. I’m still in hospital but am on the mend. They operated on my hip today and screwed it all back together. I’m unsure what will happen about the ribs and lung but I’m assuming they’ll heal with time.
    I’d just like to give a huge thank you to the fellas that stopped and sorted me out. Right up to carrying me out of the woods to the ambulance. I honestly can’t thank you enough. I know some of you got in touch with my mate David, who was incredible during and after the crash aftermath, it’s all a bit of a blur so can’t remember all of your names but I owe you all. So please get in touch through here or elsewhere on FB it seems a little glib to thank you as a group.
    I’m hoping I’ll see some of you at bikefest for beers. I’ll be heckling not riding though.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Rob, that’ll be the guy, was definitely a hip impact.
    Sound like he’s positive despite some nasty injuries.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘HOTS Roll Call.’ is closed to new replies.