• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope Vision One – Opinions?
  • Coyote
    Free Member

I'm in the market for a front light, around the £50 – £80 mark. I don't rad to the gnarcore max offroad in the silky darkness. However I am looking for something of a general all purpose light. Something that will provide protection against the brainless masses on the roads, yet is powerful enough to light my way on bridleways (and footpaths!) and allow me to pickout the bummers and doggers in my local woods and give me adequate time to avoid them.

The Hope Vision One looks like a good option. What say the denizens of darkness who inhabit STW? Obviously I will need to go to my pit and await the morning to learn the opinion of the real nighthawks but in the meantime what do the mortals offer in the way of advice?

crocodilian
    Free Member

I have just bought a maxx d but I do own the vision one too. It is adequate on its own but falls short on downhills as it doesn't light wide enough or far ahead. The reason for buying the maxx d. Also, as I recently found, it would be a better option on road as the maxx d, even on low, tends to get you a lot of abuse from oncoming traffic! Whoops.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

RDefinitely a well made light that is self contained too. Light output isn't huge but it a good quality beam. I rate mine despite now going for something much brighter but many times the price!

Pair it with a Tesco AA crew torch on your lid and you have a very useful entry level night riding set up.

Coyote
    Free Member

Surf-Mat.

Once again your awesomeness rises to the surface of the soup that is STW.

I've got one of the Tesco AAs that often gets strapped to the lid. When you say "entry level", what sort of riding are you catering for?

Thanks.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Coyote – entry level actually sounds a bit w*nky. I mean budget/low cost. You won't be able to see enough to hammer it on tricky sections or you'll crash but its still a nice set up. The Hope quality is very high. Mines never missed a beat.

iainc

Coyote – I am selling a Joystick 2 – 240 lumens if you are interested ?

Coyote
    Free Member

Cheers Matt. Much appreciated.

I want to see well enough but don't want an artificial "daylight" if you know what I mean. Sounds like the Hope is the light of choice.

Now, just to shift the Ebay stuff.

IainC. In English please.

Sawyer
    Free Member

I used a mate's Vision One, and a £5 Wilko headtorch for my two night laps at Mountain Mayhem and it was brilliant, never felt underlit, and I only had it on the high setting very rarely. I'm definitely buying one when I start going out in the dark over the winter.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Great light the Hope for riding trails you know etc and road work. I like mine

CHB

Not a big fan of the hope vision one. its large, heavy and not as bright as a fenix L2D that is half the price and still takes AA cells.
    The Fenix also does crazy epilepsy mode….that really gets you noticed on the road!!

I have a vision 2 though on my helmet, and thats brilliant.

turqoisedays
    Free Member

Go to Flashaholics.co.uk – get an Eagle Tac T100 C2 MKII £44 LED torch
    Joystick helmet mount £18
    18650 rechargeable batteries (li-ion) off e-bay £8
    charger off e-bay £12
    £82 all in.
    The beam is awesome and has a very long throw and is okay for off road riding by itself,I had a Joystick but found it was overshadowed by the T100.The torch is quite robust and not too heavy plus you can take extra batteries on a ride to extend the ride time if a battery goes flat which should be 2.5hrs +. There are 2 settings on the torch,high and low which is handy.
    Hope this is of some use.
    There is also Migaicshine(is it?), £80 for a lightset that resembles a Lupine Tesla, a mate has some of these and for the money they are excellent if you're on a budget.

deep_river
    Free Member

how much for the joystick?, ah just seen on your add.

iainc

deep river – Joystick sold, sorry. I am also selling an Ayup though if you are interested ?

Cheers

Alex

I have a vision-1 for sale with helmet and bar mount all in original box. email in profile if it’s of interest. Only used as a commuter light for me, but it’s been more than ideal for that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope Vision One – Opinions?’ is closed to new replies.