• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by bol.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hope V Twin Remote Brakes for CX?
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

Any body using them on their CX, if so, what are your thoughts etc?

Thanks.

tomhoward

No direct experience, but a mate has them on his cx bike, says they are ruddy brilliant.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Thanks Tom,

I would love to try some out as I have hear a few negatives, mainly being stiff.

Thanks though!

bol

I’m trying to get hold of some or some Paraboxes at the moment, but no-one seems to be selling them used – which is probably a good sign.

edsbike
    Free Member

I’ve got some. They are ace.

Whereabouts are you tk46hal?

ianfitz
    Free Member

I have vtwins on my CX bike. They’re Fantastic!

Wookster

Yep got them on my CX brilliant!!

igm

Works on my Gryphon (not strictly CX of course)

tk46hal
    Free Member

edsbike!

Yorkshire lad, Halifax.

From the positive comments on the Hope’s, I might have to price them from my friendly Hope LBS! 😉 But would like to try them out first to compare against the cable disc stuff. I have Hope brakes on my mountain bikes and if the Twins come that close to the M4’s and the X2’s in performance, then I’ll save up!

igm

More X2 than M4

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

They’re X2 calipers so never going to be M4 levels of power, I’ve used them a lot now, I’d not buy a x bike without discs now.

Bol, I ‘might’ have a spare set of v-twins since I broke the frame they were attached to. email if you’re seriously interested. dc30online AT gmail.com

clubber
    Free Member

I was going to go for a v twin but tbh bb7s seem pretty faultless so I don’t think I’ll bother.

Andy

I picked up a pair in the classifieds to go on the monster cross project – but dont have any of the other parts for the bike yet 😳

jonstanley
    Free Member

Unless of course you get the V-Twins with M4 calipers instead of X2 ones:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=88762

Though those are completely overkill unless you’re wanting to stop a tandem and/or you’ve had too many pies.

Nothing to stop you from getting a Hope Tech-Shop to spec M4 front/X2 rear V-Twins either, I hazard a guess. :mrgreen:

bol

Blazing Saddles – you have mail. Sorry to hear about your frame.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hope V Twin Remote Brakes for CX?’ is closed to new replies.