• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Del..
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope seat QR
  • jonk

Has anyone broken one of these? Im now on my third. In all my years of biking i’ve never broken one apart from the hope one. This isn’t a rant because they have replaced them under warranty before.

neninja
    Free Member

I found my Hope didn’t hold the post unless done up ridiculously tight.

Have Chromag and Syntace QR’s now that are easier to do up and the post has never moved a mm.

Clobber
    Free Member

Little bit of grease now and again on the bush helps

richmtb

Snapped one recently funnily enough, but I’ve used them for years an not had any problems with them.

Hope replaced it FOC too

user-removed
    Free Member

Bought one a couple of years ago and used it a lot. It snapped last year and I sent it back to Hope even though I had no idea when / where I bought it, and they replaced it no questions asked.

Never had to do it up very tight – it just works (until it breaks, at which point it’s replaced, quickly, for free).

jonk

Its just annoying when they snap 10 miles into a 40 mile ride!

raisinhat
    Free Member

I haven’t snapped mine, but it doesn’t hold the post particularly well, even when done up so tight it would barely close. Nicely made, but the lever needs to be bigger. I’m going to replace mine in the next couple of weeks with a salsa one and see if that’s any better.

MrGreedy

Yeah, couldn’t get mine to do up tightly without slipping and eventually bent the lever. Got a Salsa to replace it, problem solved.

legend
    Free Member

should’ve bought a dropper post 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Little bit of grease now and again on the bush helps

Since I got one recently, I will bear this in mind

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I found my Hope didn’t hold the post unless done up ridiculously tight.

+1

I broke my Hope and replaced the ones I had on my other bikes with Salsa QRs. No slippage whatsoever.

Del.
    Free Member

Yup … Mine bust in the LongMynd last week… Luckily in the last mile of the ride… Strangley the collar snapped as I undid it. Second one to go.. The first one went with a bang as I was riding along.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope seat QR’ is closed to new replies.