Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope rear caliper
  • fluffsri
    Free Member

Ive just bought an On One slottted Inbred frame. Ive tried to fit my Hope mini rear caliper but the way the caliper mounts the union for the hose will not allow fitment as it hits the frame, can you get angled unions or is there a way around this?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Which hop- mon mini or mini? You can loosen off the banjo and alter the angle of the hose

You can also use the mountings from the lever end on the calliper which means you get a straight line rather than a right angle and use the banjo at the lever end

carlosg
    Free Member

on the original mini there were 2 fitting options for the hose/caliper conection a straight in and right angle(banjo type) dead easy to replace either.

fluffsri
    Free Member

It the Hope mini,Cheers for the advice, will try the angle change first. Carlosg where would I be able to find the different unions?

Cheers

TrevorB

How about this: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3258 for the straight one, and this: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3257 for the angled.

I can see that they are (mostly) out of stock. Where are you? Which type do you want? Mail me and I'll drop one in the post for you

fluffsri
    Free Member

Thanks Trevor. Im not 100% sure to be honest. The bike is 70 miles away until Tuesday. Ill have an atempt at fitting and get back to you.

Many thanks for the replies fellas!!!!!

fluffsri
    Free Member

Trevor, I mounted the caliper today. Looks like Ill need the straight one. Just noyiced on the links you posted 5 or 6 mm. Where is that measurment taken?
    Cheers Keith

carlosg
    Free Member

I think the 5/6 mm refers to the hose diameter , newer hope brakes use 5mm hose whereas the original mini used 6mm . you can use either with the brake but need the correct connections at either end.

If Trevor doesn't have a straight connector then I've one you can have.

fluffsri
    Free Member

Cheers, its a 6mm hose. Thanks for the help and advice, much appreciated! I cant work out if you can PM anyone? Is it just me and its early LOL?

fluffsri
    Free Member

Carl or Trevor would it be possible for one of you to post me a union please? Heres my email fluffdownsouth@hotmail.co.uk. Many thanks!

carlosg
    Free Member

If you click on the member bit after the user id quite often there's an email address on the user profile, I've sent you a mail asking for your address

fluffsri
    Free Member

Thanks Carl arrived this morning. Many thanks!!!!!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Another trick that might help if you only need a little more space is that the hose connector and the bleed nipple can be swapped over.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope rear caliper’ is closed to new replies.