Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope pro2 rear hub question.
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Hi all just converted the rear hub to 10mm Qr
    Now my freehub/ cassette feels a bit tight and the cranks spin when the wheel is spinning.

Any ideas from the STW wise.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Did you touch the freehub bearings at all? Did you grease the pawls/ratchet too much?

RustyMac

See exploded view of hub in link below

http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/PROIIREARassy.PDF

Did you remember to put part 9 back in? The 2mm barrel spacer.

Or it could be the seal part 10 if that was not seated properly.

foxyrider
    Free Member

yeah and what RM said – the spacer is crucial 🙂

BruceWee

Did you put the rubber seals back in using white spirit? If not then they might be sticking out slightly and causing drag. The white spirit is supposed to lubricate them for sliding in and then evaporate.

SOAP
    Free Member

I thought it might have been that washer to, so poped the cassette off and that’s was fitted.
    Think when I took the STD Qr out I knocked it from the cassette side so the bearing on the disk side came out.
    Also should it be possible to pull the cassette away from the hub body with your hands?
    Making just the end cap holding it in position, I’m thinking that the cap is pushing against the bearing of the cassette.

RustyMac

Hope have got a great how to Video on there website

http://www.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemID=SPG219

about half way down the page called

How to – Rebuild a rear Pro2 hub

have a quick watch and see if anything strikes you as being different.

The freehub is held in place by the end caps which hope call the drive side and non drive side spacers (from diagram above). These are normally quite a tight fit with the o-rings contacting on the axle (hence removal using a vice). Also when the hub is in the frame these will be held in compression by securing the wheel.

Did you use the hope tools for assembly or sockets? There is a possibility that the one of the bearing in the hub is not seated properly causing the axle to bind.

Also if you click on the pic foxy posted there is step by step instructions on servicing the hub.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sounds like you might not have the bearings seated properly

SOAP
    Free Member

Turns out it was washer No10 Drive side seal seated incorrectly 🙂
    Cheers lads

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro2 rear hub question.’ is closed to new replies.