Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope Pro 3 – AM4. Anyone using them?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Looking into new wheels and with the nice discount vouchers from CRC the AM4’s are now affordable.
    Is anyone running them? Thoughts?
    Also CRC only have 180 and 185mm rears. I’m running HOpe Tech M4 brakes (183mm rear)so would either of these be ok?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Yep, had them for 2 years now.

They are great BUT – you are limited to buying the propietary 4 bolt rotors which currently are made only by Hope themselves.

Other than that I would highly recommend them.

PS – They have needed no attention whatsoever in the time I have had them.

backtothetop
    Free Member

Yes i have some. Had no problems with the hubs. Noisy free hub though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    climbingkev
    Free Member

2yrs and all good. Just replace the rotors for your brake or switch mounting brackets?

stevied
    Free Member

Sounds like they’re a good option then…cheers guys 🙂

jonstanley
    Free Member

I got from Hope (via 18Bikes) some thinner+lighter pawl springs for my Pro2EVOs (same as Pro3) when I was doing a rebuild… which quietens the hub quite a bit.

No idea on what part number it is, as it’s not even listed on the Hope website. However they do exist! Downside is I have to use my bike-bell a lot more as hikers don’t think they are being chased down with a chainsaw/swarm of angry bees. :mrgreen: 😳

stevied
    Free Member

The noisy hub does come in handy on the Malverns alerting the walkers to your presence..and I quite like the sound. It’s industrial 🙂

galactus
    Free Member

Got mine off here.
    Excellent wheels 😀

stevied
    Free Member

Are any of you using 10mm Bolt-in rear axle? I’ve got a Pro 2 rear hub at the moment with 10mm Bolt IN and was wondering if I could swap them over?

greeble
    Free Member

yes it’l swap over just fine.
    the am4 wheels allow qr, 10mm and 12mm all using the same hardware as the evo setup. but tbh you can’t go far wrong with a pro2 evo hub

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks Greeble. Does the Evo have the exact same internals as the original Pro2 then? I see that the front adaptors are interchangeable. Would save me a few quid if they are 🙂
    Mine are the original Pro2 not Evo

greeble
    Free Member

ah hang on. the pro2 and pro2 evo don’t share the same internals but are can swap out the pro2 interals and make it a pro2 evo is you get me.
    pro2 evo’s and pro3’s share the same internals.

juan
    Free Member

I got mine since late 2009 riding in the rocky south of France (transprovence & Transvésubienne). Did a week of riding in Italy with nasher on here and do on average 1500-1800m of altitude gain per week on probably a very demanding terrain. I have yet to brake a spoke, or to re-true them. Mine are build with the DT rims and thy have been amazing.

backtothetop
    Free Member

The adaptors are the same as pro 2. i have 20mm 15mm 9mmQR and 9mm bolt adaptors which were all sold to me as either pro2 or pro2 evo. i dont know why i have all those adapors either? may need em one day i suppose lol

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 3 – AM4. Anyone using them?’ is closed to new replies.