Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 question
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

converting hope pro 2 rear hub from qr to 142×12 with adapter kit anyone have any problems or issues with this any advice would be appreciated or should I buy a dedicated wheel to run 142×12?

splashdown
    Free Member

Hi, just done this.

You’ll need one of these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=47535

Getting the existing QR reducers out can be a pain. Avoid using pliers as they will damage them 🙁

Ended up poking them out with an old skewer.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I swapped a Pro2 to 142×12 the other day. Straightforward, although you obviously have to dismantle the whole hub, which gets easier the more times you do it.

The QR ends caps are, as said, sometimes a tad tight. I use a vice to hold them and insert a snug screwdriver shaft to stop the vice crushing them. Then wiggle the wheel and they’ll pop out.

coatesy
    Free Member

Probably worth servicing the freewheel mechanism while it’s apart, and taking the opportunity to fit new pawl springs before they break and leave you stranded.

Northwind

Make sure you get the right kit- there’s Pro 2 and Pro 2 evo, same hub shell but other parts differe and the kits aren’t compatible. Also, Splashdown, are you sure that’s the right link? Looks like it may be for 135×12

if you’re on an old Pro 2, you should be aware that the axles are a bit weak with a 12mm bolt-through… Even with a full-thickness 12mm thru-axle to support the hub they’re not as strong as they should be. But not so flimsy as to be terrible IMO.

splashdown
    Free Member

Also, Splashdown, are you sure that’s the right link? Looks like it may be for 135×12

No it’s for the 142×12

This is the 135×12 http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=21849 that I ordered first by mistake 😳

Northwind

Man, they really don’t make that clear at all do they?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Gee wiz might just sell my hope pro 2s and get a set of specific Mavic Crossmax SX’s

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 question’ is closed to new replies.