Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope Hydraulic disc brakes for cx bikes – is this for real?
  • Sanny
    Free Member

http://www.retrobike.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128156&start=0&sid=b827c19fc1e01797ebb11b4f891ebbcc

Hi folks

Anyone seen or heard anything about the Hope set up in the above link? What looks like a possible STI compatible set up is at the bottom of the page? Looks interesting in a slightly Heath Robinson style……

Sanny

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think that is something their Swiss importer knocked up. Not seen a production version though. I did manage to find some old remote reservoirs from Hope and I’m now running E4 brakes on my commuter!!!!

wwaswas

there’s a few versions of that sort of thing floating about currently – I think until somone does somethign like the old Shimano DCL hydraulic things for road bikes they’ll always look a bit ‘engineered’ – problem is only SRAM and shimano could realistically combine shift and hydraulic brake sin one unit.

clubber
    Free Member

They’re real enough. All the way back in 1995 I saw Hope had something similar that Banesto has investigated for Big Mig to avoid softening tyre cement on long alpine descents – it was basicall the same as the one in the OP’s link but mounted directly to a specially made head tube and was based on the C2 brake (since that was Hope’s only hydro brake at the time).

mattsccm
    Free Member

Some one sell me with some cheap but compact mtb hydraulic disc brakes and I have a better idea. Can’t afford to buy new stuff to fiddle with

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hydraulic disc brakes for cx bikes – is this for real?’ is closed to new replies.