Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hope Enduro v Superstar Carbon AM Wheels – Experience of either?
  • tom.nash

Looking at new wheels; either Hope Enduro or Superstar’s Carbon AM

Anyone used either, esp the Superstars? Hopes obviously significantly cheaper so trying to see if performance gains are worth another £300! Ride/race aggressive enduro type trails about Scotland…

Ta 🙂

zerocool

The other half has been running Hope Tech Enduros for the last few months and not had any problems. They’re still straight and true without any dings or dents. Seem a good weight and strength, easy to set up tubeless. She can be pretty brutal on kit – something to do with low PSI and hitting rock gardens flatout and generally going fairly big/hard on jumps and descents. She’s trashed a few rims over the last few years on her DH and AM bikes. They’re lighter and wider than my 521s and survived a few sideways landings in the Alps this summer while trying to master whips. I’m looking at getting a pair when I replace my Mavics.

As is usual the Pro 2 Evo hubs are reliable and make the normal Hope noise (some like it some hate it) and are easy to service when the time comes.

Tom KP

HansRey

I got a rear hope enduro for my liteville from Merlin Cycles. The reasoning was that i couldn’t get a custom wheel due to stock issues and so these were the next best thing at my budget.

I’ve not really ridden it, as I had a big crash after 500m on the 1st ever ride. So I can’t comment on that. The stitches came out today, so maybe I can ride on the weekend. It was no fault of the wheel!

But, out of the box, they looked good and I was happy with the purchase. Hope are very good with customer support, so I hope to be using that hub for many years to come. Swapping the end caps for 142mm was easy. I had to purchase the adapters seperately, which added a 10er or so to the overall cost. It came with rim tape and a couple of spare spokes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hope Enduro v Superstar Carbon AM Wheels – Experience of either?’ is closed to new replies.